➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Unbelievably, 12/14 hatched! Holy...I did have to assist the last two who were shrink wrapped. Two eggs still in at day 20 with no pips. I’m gonna candle them tonight but I think I might be done.

Lost one chick overnight but I kinda expected it. It hatched with some yolk still attached but while I was getting a Dixie cup it had detached itself by the time I came back. Not sure if that still counts as a hatch? Anyway by this time tomorrow I’ll have my final numbers. Thanks for letting me talk your ears off. This has been a really cool experience for my whole family. My kids have been glued to the incubator. They call it Quail TV

Unbelievably, 12/14 hatched! Holy...I did have to assist the last two who were shrink wrapped. Two eggs still in at day 20 with no pips. I’m gonna candle them tonight but I think I might be done.

Lost one chick overnight but I kinda expected it. It hatched with some yolk still attached but while I was getting a Dixie cup it had detached itself by the time I came back. Not sure if that still counts as a hatch? Anyway by this time tomorrow I’ll have my final numbers. Thanks for letting me talk your ears off. This has been a really cool experience for my whole family. My kids have been glued to the incubator. They call it Quail TV
I try not to report hatch number until a week after they start. Some aren't right and fail to thrive. My last hatch is like that. Lost more than I care to admit.

Today I found an egg, which was really odd.

To explain, the hen is no Celadon layer, she layed normal eggs. She was badly wounded, by two other hens and stopped laying for a week now.

Today I found this:
20200717_181404.jpg

The egg was cracked on the tip.
Anyone experienced anything similar or have any idea?

Today I found an egg, which was really odd.

To explain, the hen is no Celadon layer, she layed normal eggs. She was badly wounded, by two other hens and stopped laying for a week now.

Today I found this:
View attachment 2248994

The egg was cracked on the tip.
Anyone experienced anything similar or have any idea?
That is a beautiful colour. Cracked at the tip could be that she hasn't been eating enough calcium due to her injuries, or it hit something when she laid it.

Congratulations and welcome to the pain of ownership. Remember that good fences make for good neighbors.

Is this a rural area and will you have to worry about predators? Any HOA? I've decided HOAs are to keep people like me out. It's working.

Waiting on the pictures. :pop
No HOA's there are probably predators i need to get a survey done that way I know where my property lines are at so i know where i can build.

Back
Top Bottom