➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Wait I thought 24 was good for them?

I got that from this which says 24 (actually think it says 23) for the first like month and then lower after that? Is that not right?

https://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-635X2003000200010
Articles related to commercial production are usually aimed at finding the absolute minimum ideal. It does not necessarily mean they would not be better with higher protein. This study also notably failed to look at any other variables besides crude protein.

Maybe it’s one of those situations where they need at least that amount but more wouldn’t hurt??? I just hope less doesn’t hurt either :fl

I guess it is more the vitamines, minerals and amino acids which are more important.
There is also a big poulty feed factory here, producing game bird starter feed, also for quails, @26%

Articles related to commercial production are usually aimed at finding the absolute minimum ideal. It does not necessarily mean they would not be better with higher protein. This study also notably failed to look at any other variables besides crude protein.
This makes a lot of sense!! Thank you!! I think if/when I hatch more, I’ll try to find a higher protein for next time!

I guess it is more the vitamines, minerals and amino acids which are more important.
There is also a big poulty feed factory here, producing game bird starter feed, also for quails, @26%
That makes sense!! I had a hard time finding the game bird feed (and looked for a long time) and got the closest thing I could find, which said it was good for quails and is 24%, but I realized it might not be and now hearing higher protein is better, that gives me yet another reason to find something else. But the problem is no one seems to carry it and for some reason, even though it’s on the TSC website, they won’t ship that particular one to the store either :confused:

That makes sense!! I had a hard time finding the game bird feed (and looked for a long time) and got the closest thing I could find, which said it was good for quails and is 24%, but I realized it might not be and now hearing higher protein is better, that gives me yet another reason to find something else. But the problem is no one seems to carry it and for some reason, even though it’s on the TSC website, they won’t ship that particular one to the store either :confused:
I think Chewy might stock Mazuri gamebird starter.

I think Chewy might stock Mazuri gamebird starter.
Thank you!! This is a great idea!! I never even thought of Chewy! I don’t know why... I love them for lots else haha

I’ll go look now!! I was initially looking at the Purina one but since that seems to be impossible to find, I’ll have to see if I can find the Mazuri one. :D

Back
Top Bottom