➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

The Easter chicks are growing so fast!
1618510031550.jpeg

1618510055606.jpeg

Looking at my chicks, I'm guessing that my infertiles are coming from my mixed pen. That makes sense, since that one contains my oldest hens.
Do the eggs tend to quit when the hens are older? I was hatching eggs from my 3 year old hens, since they were my only jumbos, and one was definitely getting overmated. I do think some of them hatched since I have a few larger chicks in my Easter hatch.

Do the eggs tend to quit when the hens are older? I was hatching eggs from my 3 year old hens, since they were my only jumbos, and one was definitely getting overmated. I do think some of them hatched since I have a few larger chicks in my Easter hatch.
They tend to drop in fertility, I think. None of my hens are that old. I've heard that you should replace your roo every six months and your hens every year. I'm not replacing mine nearly that often since I'm not a commercial breeder.

They tend to drop in fertility, I think. None of my hens are that old. I've heard that you should replace your roo every six months and your hens every year. I'm not replacing mine nearly that often since I'm not a commercial breeder.
Ack! Our boys have names, my kids would revolt if I got rid of them lol. Tiger is a year old and still shooting 99-100% with 8 ladies, so I think I’m safe. I sold most of last years hens tho.

Back
Top Bottom