➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I use a regular light bulb in clippy lamps.
They get plenty hot enough at my house.
Screenshot_20210420-205836.png

I’m using the ceramic 100w for the first time. It produces more even heat than a red bulb. I already like it better. I need to research and find a heat sensor that will alarm when the temp lowers below a certain point. If I find one I doubt I’ll ever use another glass bulb. I’ll just keep a few ceramics in stock.
I’m noticing with the brooders side by side, the chicks with the ceramic light are way more active, all of them are running, jumping and flapping constantly (flight training not fighting or anything) The red light group are more subdued, some running, mostly walking, not much flapping and jumping. I think the red light group stay closer to the light, but the others just run everywhere and return to the warm side if they get cold, hungry, or thirsty.

I’m noticing with the brooders side by side, the chicks with the ceramic light are way more active, all of them are running, jumping and flapping constantly (flight training not fighting or anything) The red light group are more subdued, some running, mostly walking, not much flapping and jumping. I think the red light group stay closer to the light, but the others just run everywhere and return to the warm side if they get cold, hungry, or thirsty.
Let us know if you see any difference in growth pattern or overall health.

Go to sleep.

Tomorrow night you'll have a dummy or two running around.
I did what you told me, but it was hard! :D Given your experience with quail hatching, I have a quick question? One of the late night pips is now a dime sized hole and I can see the little beak moving and breathing--I have been checking every 20 mins for the last 3 hours and there's been no progress. Is this normal? Okay to keep waiting, or should I begin worrying that it needs help at some point soon? I don't want to make things tougher for it...I haven't seen any new pips this morning either...so far just the three before bed, and one that is working on getting out. Thank you!

I did what you told me, but it was hard! :D Given your experience with quail hatching, I have a quick question? One of the late night pips is now a dime sized hole and I can see the little beak moving and breathing--I have been checking every 20 mins for the last 3 hours and there's been no progress. Is this normal? Okay to keep waiting, or should I begin worrying that it needs help at some point soon? I don't want to make things tougher for it...I haven't seen any new pips this morning either...so far just the three before bed, and one that is working on getting out. Thank you!
Go shopping.

Back
Top Bottom