➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Sorry but a quail is not going to stay in a short cup.
The dummy will jump right out of it.
That’s what I was thinking too!! He was jumping/climbing pretty high in the tall one yesterday :lau

But I might try it just for a second while watching and see. If he jumps out I’ll put him back in the tall one.

18 little quailies have hatched so far.

I gave up with the hobble thing at least for now. It is just impossible to get it around her legs even with help.

BUT!

She seems to be improving and getting around fine even with the splay and sometimes she acts like she doesn’t have a splay at all (like when I put her down on a towel earlier) so :fl

She’s back in the cup for now and I’m going to go get some grippy stuff for the cup and brooder instead of paper towels.

18 little quailies have hatched so far.

I gave up with the hobble thing at least for now. It is just impossible to get it around her legs even with help.

BUT!

She seems to be improving and getting around fine even with the splay and sometimes she acts like she doesn’t have a splay at all (like when I put her down on a towel earlier) so :fl

She’s back in the cup for now and I’m going to go get some grippy stuff for the cup and brooder instead of paper towels.
Paper towels probably are too slippery for a chick with splay leg. Get the shelf liner stuff and use that until it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom