➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

My turkeys and chickens would devour cucumbers if I was to share with them. I however am selfish and pickle any that I don't eat fresh.
Do you slice them if you share?

I gave them a whole one (the chickens and turkey) they didn’t even look at it 😂 This was a few weeks ago because the wild bunnies got to it before I did.

Do you slice them if you share?

I gave them a whole one (the chickens and turkey) they didn’t even look at it 😂 This was a few weeks ago because the wild bunnies got to it before I did.
I don't share with the chickens but if I was going to share with them, I would cut a cucumber lengthwise. Mine do get the watermelon rinds so when they see something cut open like that, the race is on to see who can get to it first.

I don't share with the chickens but if I was going to share with them, I would cut a cucumber lengthwise. Mine do get the watermelon rinds so when they see something cut open like that, the race is on to see who can get to it first.
Ok thank you for that tip. I feed whole watermelons to my birds on hot days. The quail absolutely love getting a piece of it. They’re really my families favorite bird right now. They love being pet.

@Nabiki have you seen albinos ever thrive? I have one from the SSC hatch. Another SSC died last night. I just noticed the albino, it’s smaller than the rest, but I’d like to give it a fighting chance.

Any advice would be great
I have had three. Two had to be culled, the one that survived was smaller than the rest. This one had to be culled. If it wasn't blind at hatch, it was shortly after.
1594832297787.jpeg

I have had three. Two had to be culled, the one that survived was smaller than the rest. This one had to be culled. If it wasn't blind at hatch, it was shortly after.
View attachment 2244920
This one has the red eyes. I’ll just try to encourage it to eat and drink. It’s so cute so I don’t want to just give up on it.

Okay so I set on the 27th late in the evening and nothing yet. Temps are good, humidity was touch and go in the beginning but I have it pretty well controlled now.

The only thing I can think is that when I bought the “hatching eggs” from another homesteader I got them home and they were very cold. I think she may have collected them and tossed them in the fridge? I let them sit at room temp all day before I set them, and there is definitely development. I just took one out and tapped and heard some scraping around inside.

Could the cold storage have slowed things down? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom