➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Do you have time to just sit and watch this bird and how it interacts with the others? That would probably be your best bet, especially if you have known females. Does it try to mount them or otherwise behave like a male?

My guess is male based on the chest, but the golden ones can be tricky. I sorted a female into the bachelor pen based on the chest once, she was pretty beat up by the time I realized my mistake but she healed ok.

I know what you mean, I’ve put him in a breeder cage with a flock of females. Will keep an eye out to see if he does any male stuff lol.

Seemed like the perfect place to ask since so many experienced people are on this post so my question is if you get a mixed batch of hatching eggs from a seller who has his button quails in colonies o.o and u keep a pair and they breed are the genetics fine ?

Seemed like the perfect place to ask since so many experienced people are on this post so my question is if you get a mixed batch of hatching eggs from a seller who has his button quails in colonies o.o and u keep a pair and they breed are the genetics fine ?
Maybe, maybe not. You won't know till you start breeding. Or there might be a way to get them tested to see but I haven't really researched anything about genetics testing for birds. If it's a colony style there's the possibility the birds are full, or at least half siblings. Birds don't seem to show inbreeding issues as quickly as mammals, but they can still occur.

If you are willing to take the risk, go ahead and breed. If you don't want that risk, find unrelated birds you can pair with your hatched birds, or unrelated eggs you can hatch to pair up with them.

Were the eggs that hatched identical in color or did they have some variation? My buttons might be slightly different day to day, but if you put a couple days together you could clearly tell they were from the same bird, and each bird's eggs were slightly different in shade too. So you could tell they were from more than one bird.

What colors hatched and how many? We like pics 🙂

Were the eggs that hatched identical in color or did they have some variation? My buttons might be slightly different day to day, but if you put a couple days together you could clearly tell they were from the same bird, and each bird's eggs were slightly different in shade too. So you could tell they were from more than one bird.

Oh i know its more then one bird laying them since its mixed eggs normally with 1-2 celadon some tan some dark and all diff

Haven't got then yet i ordered them early was gonna order on oct 2nd they should be here between oct3-7 hes still collecting

Wait are these buttons or coturnix? I wasn't aware buttons have celedon eggs, I know coturnix have celedon variety.
Buttons and yes i was surprised the first time i got these too here i have old pics that old shipment only one celadon survived the mail but here u go it was a pretty blue and all the other eggs are celadon on the inside

Attachments

• 20200619_155317.jpg
    20200619_155317.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200619_115110.jpg
    20200619_115110.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom