➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

We just tried hard boiling Duck eggs in our Instapot. They turned out great! Not rubbery at all and the center was just right. I'm going to do the rest of my eggs because... well.. they are definitely adding up. My hubby finds that he prefers chicken eggs to duck eggs. I don't mind them at all.
How long do set the pot for?

do you process and package your own venison? This year we picked up 5lbs of beef fat from our butcher shop and did our grind 80/20....DH also uses it when cooking other cuts.
No my boss hunts I get it from him whenever I want I have some tenderloin too. I dont eat it much just every now and then
I'm more a fish/seafood person

Cooking down nicely

Spoons laying on top and standing up just a couple more hours

20200126_112453.jpg

😂😂😂 Heck ya and more Tony's. Tony's we have about 4 different kinds at our house

I did some of the same seasonings. I want to do a beer one some time
beer and other alcohols are a staple for cooking at our house 😂 tequila is actually my preferred for chili

How long do set the pot for?

It started with finding these silicone egg trivet/holders that were clearanced off at Walmart for $7. So we grabbed 2 of them.
1580059530279.png

Website that I used:
https://www.leftyspoon.com/2018/05/...s-in-the-instant-pot-sponsored-post-with-oxo/

I found a recipe online that is using them, although they are using chicken eggs. Their directions say to use 9 eggs, sitting upright, leave that middle hole empty. Put in 1 cup of water. Set for 5 minutes on the "Egg Option" if yours has it or if it doesn't, use the Steam option on High Pressure. While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath. In a bowl, combine a trayful of ice cubes and 2 cups of water. When the countdown ends and the cooking program is finished, let the pressure release naturally for another 5 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to its Venting position to release the remaining steam from the pot. While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath. In a bowl, combine a trayful of ice cubes and 2 cups of water. When the countdown ends and the cooking program is finished, let the pressure release naturally for another 5 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to its Venting position to release the remaining steam from the pot. Open the pot. Using a pair of tongs, transfer the eggs from the pot into the ice bath. Leave the eggs in the ice bath until cooled.

So nothing very different from normal. As for me and the duck eggs, I cooked for 1 minute longer, so for 6 minutes. I mean, are you saving a TON of time by doing them this way? A little. If you have a big enough pot that can boil a ton at a time.... is it worth it? It's just another option really. This is like the 3rd time that I've used it. LOL.

My husband says duck eggs are creamier and the yolks are bigger. More filling... He prefers duck eggs over chicken eggs.

He only cooks duck eggs one way and that's over easy.

If he does scrambled eggs, omelettes, or any other egg he will use chicken eggs.

My hubby will eat them scrambled but they have to be mixed with chicken eggs. He doesn't like them as only just duck eggs. Maybe is a texture thing? Idk.

Back
Top Bottom