➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Thank you Nana! Im so sorry to hear this has happened in your family too! i think you make four people who have said to me in two days that this has happened in their family :hit thats some kind of scary.

I have a spot of good news. I got myself a nice water bath canning pot tonight. It is 22 qts huge with a jar rack and all. I figure im doing so many this time and it makes the 4th time ive done it, so i better quit borrowing my mother in laws biggest non crawfish pot and get myself one for the purpose. It was 24$ with tax.

View attachment 2007676
Good for you! I've had my water bath canner since 1981 and use it multiple times every year!

I was so excited when I found this at the Farm&Garden store (my DH thinks I'm insane)....
View attachment 2007736
I save bacon grease too, and render ham fat. I also save juices when I cook a ham. It all goes in the freezer in a plastic container do I can get it when I want it for seasoning veggies.

What tv service does everyone have on here?

DirecTV has raised my bill by a ton it's annoying
We have local cable and it is $245 a month for tv and cable a sell as the boxes.

Well.......

One hand on the quail...
The other hand on the hatchet...
@Kiki will have to make a foot loop or she will hit her hand with the hatchet!

Also reading just makes me mad/frustrated/upset now cause I always get stuck in one place and have to reread a certain word or sentence or paragraph or whatever over and over again and so it takes me forever to read anything. I was always a slow reader before but now the last like 5 years or so the OCD’s gotten worse so now I not only am a slow reader but get stuck in certain spots and it takes me forever to get past that spot and sometimes I can’t which is usually the point I get frustrated and throw the book. :oops:
Daughter started reading to her boys at bedtime to help them relax. Now at 13 and 11 they still read books aloud together at night time. They read novels now. Read a couple of chapters together and then they read in their own rooms until ready to sleep.

Idk, people always say that but I’ve had them purposely ram into my head or pursue me from across the yard! I think maybe they sense fear. :lau
Could be they are attracted to your fragrant hair products.

Last edited:
What most adults do is have a purpose in life, family and jobs come to mind.... until they get enough money saved or too old to be working. :old
image.jpeg

Good for you! I've had my water bath canner sinf 1981 and use it maul tip,e time every year!

I save bacon grease too, and render ham fat. I also save juices when I cook a ham. It all goes in the freezer in a plastic container do I can get it when I want it for seasoning veggies.

We have local cable and it is $245 a month for tv and cable a sell as the boxes.

@Kiki will have to make a foot loop or she will hit her hand with the hatchet!

Daughter started reading to her boys at bedtime to help them relax. Now at 13 and 11 they still read books aloud together at night time. They read novels now. Read a couple of chapters together and then they read in their own rooms until ready to sleep.

Could be they are attracted to your fragrant hair products.
Reading before bed really relaxes your mind and stops it from racing

Should be true and is why I put family before job in my post.... that said, I never married or had kids. .. and the way my brother's kids turned out, I am glad....I did take care of my vision impaired mother after my dad passed for four years.

Should be true and is why I put family before job in my post.... that said, I never married or had kids. .. and the way my brother's kids turned out, I am glad....I did take care of my vision impaired mother after my dad passed for four years.
Kids turn out the way you raise them. I think a lot of parents blame everyone, but themselves.

Young kids are innocent and are like molded clay. It's sad that some children don't get great lives and suffer for the rest of their lives.

Back
Top Bottom