➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

It is my experience that some people will type their response inside the quotes or accidentally remove the last ] which also seems to put their reply inside the quote because the quote was not completed properly. I don't think that I am following that thread or I would look to see which it is.

If their reply is inside the quote box, you usually have to expand the quote box to see their reply.
I checked that already...not it.
Let me go get link to show you.

Last edited:
I checked that already...not it.
Let me go get link to show you.
Sometimes people will quote a message simply as a means to follow a thread. Sometimes they will add Following and sometimes they won't. In some cases, people don't seem to understand that they can reply to the quote. In those cases you will typically find the quote in one post followed by a second post with their reply.

George3240 post #62 did a quote only followed by his reply later in post #69.

JillD413 did a quote in #97 and ended up with just the quote. In post #98 she apparently figured it out and did the same quote again only this time with a reply. She did a number of quotes after that and replies without anymore problems.

vickschicks8 also did the quote in post #154 followed by his reply in post #154.

TerriHarmison in post #182 messed up the quote by removing QUOTE] at the end of the quote. This most likely happened by backspacing to remove the reply.

The one you specifically asked about by City Chicken lady of post #182 did only do the quote and nothing else. She may have been quoting just to watch the thread or for some other reason did not reply. It was about an hour ago and she did not respond to your post.

Do you sell them or what do you do with them all?
Most all are culled and the rest go on to keep the family going and/or to be shown. At the end of fall I'll only have one or two out of mine of each breed that I've bred to keep the family going so that's 3or4 birds kept out of 36 or so hatched. People I breed for they take the chicks at a day old I'll keep a few if it a breed I'd like to keep for a while. It appears to be alot but it's not for the most part each bird is/has to be individually penned. Actually I keep way less than most who keep layers. If layers were individually penned it would look like its alot more

https://www.ugba.net/

Last edited:
Most all are culled and the rest go on to keep the family going and/or to be shown. At the end of fall I'll only have one or two out of mine of each breed that I've bred to keep the family going so that's 3or4 birds kept out of 36 or so hatched. People I breed for they take the chicks at a day old I'll keep a few if it a breed I'd like to keep for a while. It appears to be alot but it's not for the most part each bird is/has to be individually penned. Actually I keep way less than most who keep layers. If layers were individually penned it would look like its alot more

https://www.ugba.net/
I would love to learn how to breed like that right now I'm just experimenting with breeding with mixing breeds. It's been really fun so far. I did add another rooster in the mix, but I'm not sure if he's even interested in any of my girls.

I didn't start off that way. I raised gamefowl in the early 90s along with ornamental pheasants, quail, peafowl, and a short stint with emus. In may of 1995 we had a real bad flood and it killed around idk 90% of everything I had prolly 200 or more head total. I was disgusted and sold/gave the rest away fast forward to about 8-9 yrs ago and I wanted to do something for workplace stress therapy so I decided to get a pair of games. Well I still knew people in the gamefowl loop (around here it's a way of life) and slowly started breeding for my friends cause I had a knack for breeding and picking fowl (per them ) from back in the day. So now that's all I really do. I keep a few of my stock but i enjoy breeding and hatching using the broodies and the chicks go home at a day old. Basically it's like billy has a cock he likes and johnny has a good hen he wants to breed they bring them here i breed them and the parents go back and one picks up the chicks when hatched. It's fun and I get to see how they grow into beautiful specimens and doing my part to further the species at a distance. You have got to learn how to cull and cull hard it's in the best interest of the breed as a whole. Thats also why I only breed during a short window in the spring. It results in the strongest most healthy fowl. Each person does what they think is best and that is one of my thoughts and it's worked out so it's what I do (amongst other things). Unfortunately with my social anxiety issues ( more specifically agoraphobia) I dont show myself.

Last edited:
I didn't start off that way. I raised gamefowl in the early 90s along with ornamental pheasants, quail, peafowl, and a short stint with emus. In may of 1995 we had a real bad flood and it killed around idk 90% of everything I had prolly 200 or more head total. I was disgusted and sold/gave the rest away fast forward to about 8-9 yrs ago and I wanted to do something for workplace stress therapy so I decided to get a pair of games. Well I still knew people in the gamefowl loop (around here it's a way of life) and slowly started breeding for my friends cause I had a knack for breeding and picking fowl (per them ) from back in the day. So now that's all I really do. I keep a few of my stock but i enjoy breeding and hatching using the broodies and the chicks go home at a day old. Basically it's like billy has a cock he likes and johnny has a good hen he wants to breed they bring them here i breed them and the parents go back and one picks up the chicks when hatched. It's fun and I get to see how they grow into beautiful specimens and doing my part to further the species at a distance. You have got to learn how to cull and cull hard it's in the best interest of the breed as a whole. Thats also why I only breed during a short window in the spring. It results in the strongest most healthy fowl. Each person does what they think is best and that is one of my thoughts and it's worked out so it's what I do (amongst other things). Unfortunately with my social anxiety issues I dont show myself.
Culling hens is a problem for me.
And I don't like it when people come to buy them. I'm a hermit.
Issues I need to work on

I didn't start off that way. I raised gamefowl in the early 90s along with ornamental pheasants, quail, peafowl, and a short stint with emus. In may of 1995 we had a real bad flood and it killed around idk 90% of everything I had prolly 200 or more head total. I was disgusted and sold/gave the rest away fast forward to about 8-9 yrs ago and I wanted to do something for workplace stress therapy so I decided to get a pair of games. Well I still knew people in the gamefowl loop (around here it's a way of life) and slowly started breeding for my friends cause I had a knack for breeding and picking fowl (per them ) from back in the day. So now that's all I really do. I keep a few of my stock but i enjoy breeding and hatching using the broodies and the chicks go home at a day old. Basically it's like billy has a cock he likes and johnny has a good hen he wants to breed they bring them here i breed them and the parents go back and one picks up the chicks when hatched. It's fun and I get to see how they grow into beautiful specimens and doing my part to further the species at a distance. You have got to learn how to cull and cull hard it's in the best interest of the breed as a whole. Thats also why I only breed during a short window in the spring. It results in the strongest most healthy fowl. Each person does what they think is best and that is one of my thoughts and it's worked out so it's what I do (amongst other things). Unfortunately with my social anxiety issues ( more specifically agoraphobia) I dont show myself.
I haven't had the chance to butcher any of mine yet because they all sold. I do have 1 cockerel that I'm going to make my first bird for the table.

I used to have a fear of meeting new people because of my health and having people judge me instantly. Some days I'm so bloated from right heart failure that I look pregnant. Some people ask me when I'm due and what comes out of my mouth isn't always nice 😂🙈

I really love learning from others and that's how I've ended up where I am because of all of you who encourage me and teach me.

Kiki has made me a hatching pro and I'm getting about 90% every hatch with mine and the organic farm eggs. Not such luck with the free eggs I got though, I believe it's their breeding stock because my eggs and the organic eggs were fine but these seem to die from unknown reasons. They are all in the same bator. I'll be happy if 1 chick from the 36 hatches from the free ones.

I like stepping into a crowded elevator and not turning around. Everyone is looking at me. I'll also start asking questions and see who answers. [you aren't supposed to do that!] Too funny.

I will walk up to strangers and ask questions. I've met some interesting people. Most everyone in the building knows me by sight, if not name. I get to mentor people and push them past their comfort zones. Some squirm, but they all learn in a friendly, encouraging environment.

Like Alfred says, "What?!? Me worry?"

Back
Top Bottom