➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

R2elk

Free Ranger
Premium member
6 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
Testing.

Does anyone here have trouble using the 'quote' option?
I don't but that is because I never use the Quote option. If I want to quote the whole message in my reply, I just click on the Reply button which will automatically quote the whole message and position the cursor in the proper place to begin typing.

If I only want to reply to a portion of the message, I highlight the desired text with my cursor and click on the Reply button that pops up under the highlighted text.
Does anyone here have trouble using the 'quote' option?
It will then quote the desired text and place the cursor in the proper place to begin typing.

R2elk

Free Ranger
Premium member
6 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
I'm noticing a lot of people, or what seems like a lot, in my new poll thread are quoted the first post but not typing a message/leaving it blank.
I'm wondering if they are having trouble using it.
It is my experience that some people will type their response inside the quotes or accidentally remove the last ] which also seems to put their reply inside the quote because the quote was not completed properly. I don't think that I am following that thread or I would look to see which it is.

If their reply is inside the quote box, you usually have to expand the quote box to see their reply.

Kiki

I AM DOING IT!! 🤸🤸🤸🤸
Project manager
Premium member
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
It is my experience that some people will type their response inside the quotes or accidentally remove the last ] which also seems to put their reply inside the quote because the quote was not completed properly. I don't think that I am following that thread or I would look to see which it is.

If their reply is inside the quote box, you usually have to expand the quote box to see their reply.
I checked that already...not it.
Let me go get link to show you.

CSAchook

Crossing the Road
Aug 21, 2017
New Mexico
Last edited:

R2elk

Free Ranger
Premium member
6 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
I checked that already...not it.
Let me go get link to show you.
Sometimes people will quote a message simply as a means to follow a thread. Sometimes they will add Following and sometimes they won't. In some cases, people don't seem to understand that they can reply to the quote. In those cases you will typically find the quote in one post followed by a second post with their reply.

George3240 post #62 did a quote only followed by his reply later in post #69.

JillD413 did a quote in #97 and ended up with just the quote. In post #98 she apparently figured it out and did the same quote again only this time with a reply. She did a number of quotes after that and replies without anymore problems.

vickschicks8 also did the quote in post #154 followed by his reply in post #154.

TerriHarmison in post #182 messed up the quote by removing QUOTE] at the end of the quote. This most likely happened by backspacing to remove the reply.

The one you specifically asked about by City Chicken lady of post #182 did only do the quote and nothing else. She may have been quoting just to watch the thread or for some other reason did not reply. It was about an hour ago and she did not respond to your post.

sdm111

Free Ranging
6 Years
May 21, 2013
S. louisiana
Do you sell them or what do you do with them all?
Most all are culled and the rest go on to keep the family going and/or to be shown. At the end of fall I'll only have one or two out of mine of each breed that I've bred to keep the family going so that's 3or4 birds kept out of 36 or so hatched. People I breed for they take the chicks at a day old I'll keep a few if it a breed I'd like to keep for a while. It appears to be alot but it's not for the most part each bird is/has to be individually penned. Actually I keep way less than most who keep layers. If layers were individually penned it would look like its alot more

Last edited:
Top Bottom