➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Someone is arguing with me about genetics telling me that spook isn't the breeds I say she is. I mark ALL my eggs and she didn't come from a brown egg. She came from a cream colored egg that my Delaware lays. They say it's genetically impossible for squatch and mama chicken to have a white chick 🙄 well can't be impossible when it happened. At that time only mama chicken and the red sex links laid eggs. I assisted these chicks out of the eggs so I know what eggs they came from.

oh boy! Clearly it’s possible haha

Well apparently I'm an idiot because Delawares don't lay cream eggs. Mine does 😂 whatever I can't handle people today

They can lay whatever color they feel like lol well, except for like green or blue. But seriously, there isn’t one egg color for every bird and there’s no rule on what shade it can be. There’s only really brown layers, white layers, colored layers, maybe super dark layers. But within all that there’s a ton of different shades of brown. All my birds all lay vastly different shades but theyre all “brown layers.” Unless you have like show birds then maybe there are but even then I don’t think so haha

I think at the time she only had sex links, the Delaware, and a barred rock and I think the BR either wasn’t laying or wasn’t mating or something.
Barred Rock wasnt laying fertile eggs at the time. Our Delaware has always laid a cream colored egg. Maybe she's just special.

We have a new layer now that's laying white eggs. No clue who it is. Definitely a new layer because the eggs are small like when pullets start laying.

IMG_20191122_120743.jpg

@KDOGG331 bottom left is her egg. Brown to me is my red sex link eggs. They're actually brown. This one is cream colored to me

Barred Rock wasnt laying fertile eggs at the time. Our Delaware has always laid a cream colored egg. Maybe she's just special.

We have a new layer now that's laying white eggs. No clue who it is. Definitely a new layer because the eggs are small like when pullets start laying.

I remember that. She was being a prude :lau and could be! My BR laid cream type eggs. :) I think people are maybe just misinterpreting and thinking of cream as like off white? Like a white layer? Cause there are cream laying breeds I think. But really it’s a shade of brown. Just very light brown in your case. Which is most definitely possible. My BR laid cream and I have another chicken laying cream. My Delaware is laying more darkish/reddish brown with spots but it depends.

And hm interesting! Have you had white layers before? What’s the mix? Very odd. I think if you look at their earlobes you may be able to tell which one it is but I don’t know if that works for mixed breeds. But usually if it’s white they lay white and if it’s red they lay brown

Back
Top Bottom