➡Kiki's Pansy Egg Hatch

Day 10 black holes
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190728210511670_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190728_210139.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190728210419501_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190728210427895_COVER.jpg

Are those ones bad? Or just really hard to see?
I don't have a telephone that has the flashlight, so I make do with the brightest flashlight that I've found... I give all eggs that look like these more time in the incubator... Especially hopeful on #1 & #2, I replace them in their original positions in the incubator... Images #3 & #4 are moved to the side of the incubator that is unofficially labeled 'dubious'... Still in the 'bator, but less sure of viability. At lockdown time, I don't candle the whole batch again, only those in the dubious section of the incubator get another candling. I'm still learning and doing this helps me learn.

Any eggs that are well overdue are necropsied... I've found that a broken egg yolk inside can produce that dark spot when candling with my far inferior light. I've also found that extra thick brown spotting on my quail eggs also produces the illusion of fertility.

Are those ones bad? Or just really hard to see?
These are all good.
I was trying to show the difference in what you can see with my flashlight vs the phone light but I didn't have a camera man to take the pics. I'll do it again tonight and get better photos.

I don't have a telephone that has the flashlight, so I make do with the brightest flashlight that I've found... I give all eggs that look like these more time in the incubator... Especially hopeful on #1 & #2, I replace them in their original positions in the incubator... Images #3 & #4 are moved to the side of the incubator that is unofficially labeled 'dubious'... Still in the 'bator, but less sure of viability. At lockdown time, I don't candle the whole batch again, only those in the dubious section of the incubator get another candling. I'm still learning and doing this helps me learn.

Any eggs that are well overdue are necropsied... I've found that a broken egg yolk inside can produce that dark spot when candling with my far inferior light. I've also found that extra thick brown spotting on my quail eggs also produces the illusion of fertility.
Pics #3 and 4 above...I'm actually shinning the light in the bottom of the egg...looking at the CAM side not the air cell side. They are both good eggs too.

I wish that I could get as much light through my eggs when candling, I can determine clears (infertile), quitters only if they quit very early (first week), and darkness. I never see veining, ever. I've never been able to see the air sac either. I currently have about five brands of mini-flashlights... and my results are from the best one I've found so far. I totally love living in Panama... but I don't like the lack of choices at the market.

Back
Top Bottom