➡Kiki's Pansy Egg Hatch

Pics
Something interesting this morning to help pass the time.....hubby checked for silkie eggs this morning and found splash sitting! When he moved her to collect the “egg” he saw she had carried a gumball into the coop and was trying to hatch it!!!!:lau Talk about a fake egg hatch!!!!

can you get Damp Rid? We used both the hanging bags and a small plastic bowl one when I worked at the hotel nearby. I live in a very damp area.
Damp rid lasted a week. Or some similar product. Way too humid down south. Don't fight nature and expect to win. And I think it was overwhelmed. Like putting a sponge in the ocean.

2 options at this point. Move north or further up into mountains to hatch. Wait until winter. :D

Sadly, no. I don't even have air conditioning. I survive on cold foot baths, cold showers, and the breeze from open doors and windows. Without purchasing a dehumidifier, at great expense (read that as 'well over $300) and dubious functionality, I don't see any way to reduce my humidity.
That may be attributing to your early hatches! I’ve noticed that my outside incubator thermostat goes higher than temp set-point on warm days!

Damp rid lasted a week. Or some similar product. Way too humid down south. Don't fight nature and expect to win. And I think it was overwhelmed. Like putting a sponge in the ocean.

2 options at this point. Move north or further up into mountains to hatch. Wait until winter. :D
Yes, if this hatch has the same issues, I'll wait a few months and try again. I'm from the USA, so for me it feels like summer here, year round.
That may be attributing to your early hatches! I’ve noticed that my outside incubator thermostat goes higher than temp set-point on warm days!
That could be an issue too, I've moved the incubator a few times, trying to find a cooler spot.

Something interesting this morning to help pass the time.....hubby checked for silkie eggs this morning and found splash sitting! When he moved her to collect the “egg” he saw she had carried a gumball into the coop and was trying to hatch it!!!!:lau Talk about a fake egg hatch!!!!

:lau OMG

Day 16

Internal pippers

IMG_20190803_084503.jpg
IMG_20190803_084500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom