🌱Growing With Ben🌱 ~ The Chonicles of the Troublesome Seeds

Which fruits/vegetables have you successfully grown before?

• Total voters
Pics
Does anyone know how big each plant will get? Will they each need a separate large pot like the lemons and peppers?
The problem with growing multiple plants in the same pot is that as they grow their roots get intertangled. Transplanting each plant into its own container at an early stage makes it less likely to cause root damage when transplanting them than occurs once they are crowded.

Strawberry plants are much smaller than pepper plants.
They probably don't need a pot bigger than 6" across even at their biggest, and should be fine in smaller ones while they are young.

They also do fine sharing space with each other, as long as there is enough total space.

Strawberry plants tend to make runners after they grow up, so each plant produces many clones of itself, and pretty soon they can get crowded. But they won't start that until they are quite a bit bigger than yours are.

Since you grew those from seeds, each plant is likely to have slightly different traits from each other plant. If you find one or more that you really like, you can use the runners to end up with lots more identical ones within just a few years' time.
Thanks for the info. I’ll probably have 2 or 3 strawberry plants in one large pot once they get bigger.

Brambles from seed . Red raspberry , thornless blackberry and black raspberry . Very difficult until you learn the requirements .
DSCN1128.JPG
DSCN1129.JPG
DSCN1130.JPG

Didn’t have an update in a while.

So I’m obviously doing something wrong with the lemons. They have hardly grown since my last update.

There is some white (fungus) growing in one of the lemon pots. Could this be delaying or stopping growth? Lemons are alive just not growing…

image.jpg
image.jpg

Lemons in the second pot grew a little bit^..

image.jpg

Strawberries didn’t grow at all so I gave up on them.

Peppers…
Are doing much better than expected because of how little space they have.

image.jpg

Not very bit but they have flowers!!
image.jpg

I have to run to the store and grab some dirt and possibly miracle-gro to help the lemons perk up. Don’t have enough dirt to fill my large white pots yet.

So I’m obviously doing something wrong with the lemons. They have hardly grown since my last update.

There is some white (fungus) growing in one of the lemon pots. Could this be delaying or stopping growth? Lemons are alive just not growing…

View attachment 3340563View attachment 3340564

View attachment 3340565

Peppers…

View attachment 3340566
View attachment 3340567

I have to run to the store and grab some dirt and possibly miracle-gro to help the lemons perk up. Don’t have enough dirt to fill my large white pots yet.
My brother's lemons also grew very slow. I don't know much about gardening but I'm pretty sure lemons just require a lot of patience.

View attachment 3340563View attachment 3340564

View attachment 3340565

Peppers…

View attachment 3340566
View attachment 3340567

The most probable cause for slow growth on the lemons is

#1 Too short of daylight hours.
#2 Too small of a container

Plants in my garden (outside) and indoor houseplants will grow slower this time of year due to shorter daylight hours. Agree with R2elk.

Mold on indoor soil can be discouraged by increasing air circulation, such as adding a fan blowing gently nearby, not directly on the plants as this is very drying on foliage. I start tomatoes, peppers and some flowers in late winter inside under lights and have seen this type of mold on soil many times. Adding a fan and not overwatering helps. Sometimes I bottom water them as well, seems to help.

They look good!

Back
Top Bottom