Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Breeder (shipped)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Hey! I know it's still July but I got three eggs in the bator due for August 5th. Two of the eggs are Asian Black x GLW and the other one is either GLW x GLW or BR x GLW. My incubator is the Harris Farms Nurture Right 360.
20200715_171601.jpg

So I guess I will be joining this hatch along too. Was going to take a break but......
Ordered another set of Bielefelder since my last hatch only gave me 2 girls and 7 boys! :barnie Luckily I have a place to rehome extra Roos. Now if I can just get a few more girls out of my next batch!:fl
If you get the same amount boys and girls... will you buy more :lau

I am waiting for my 4 month old chickens to start laying. For now I am trying to find or build an incubators, does anybody have suggestions trying to hatch 50 eggs a month for selling the chicks. first time ever trying to do this
Have a look at this one:

This is her in the top nest.
View attachment 2240571
What a cutie! :love At first I couldn't see her because she looked like part of the artwork on the Purina bag! :gig The Purina peeps ought to do something like that--sideways, too. It would be hilarious!

Last edited:
Same here. I just finished my July hatch and think it's time to chill for a while and just enjoy the fuzzy babies that belong to others.
Yeah, I thought that too... Only now I have two more broodies. One is sitting on seven and the other on three fakes. DH (who vehemently does NOT think we need more chickens (He may be right about that šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø) says it's time to give the poor pathetic thing some real eggs. So... I'm just gonna give her some of the seven if they all look good. Otherwise she can have whatever I collect today, within reason. I'll put the little dear in the broody coop so something doesn't eat her. Hopefully she'll accept her new digs. She's been nesting all day in a canvas tarp & I've been toting her to her flock's tractor in the evening so she can eat and sleep in safety.

Hey all!

@FortCluck Thanks for posting those helpful links at the top!

I have set 8 Sulmater eggs due August 5th. They were shipped and some were scrambled. Not great odds. Going to try anyway ;)
And you never know what you will get when you hatch eggs. you might find that almost all hatch! I am sure something will hatch!

Back
Top Bottom