Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Breeder (shipped)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Have you put another calibrated humidistat in there to see if the one on the incubator is reading correctly? Is this the first time you have used this incubator?

Iā€™ve tested all my incubators and they all read correct from their own, also recalibrated the incubators themselves (I have a few of these incubators).

Iā€™ve used this incubator before.

Before I set eggs in them, I let them run for 24 hours to get to the correct temps and humidity. It did go to 45%.

As soon as I added the eggs it shot up to 57% šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

No water in the incubator at all, but I can feel the humidity when I take the lid off. I have no idea whatā€™s causing it, external humidity is around 35-40%

One of my others thatā€™s literally running right next to the other one, no issues at all with this one or the others šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

A79ABD6E-5CD3-40EC-830D-4E1F838FA2E5.jpeg

One of my others thatā€™s literally running right next to the other one, no issues at all with this one or the others šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

View attachment 2286473
I am guessing, but could there be more porous eggs in this incubator. When they came to temp started releasing more moisture than the other incubator? Which could cause this until it stabilizes?

Final Report on the Hatch. I have 18.5 chicks. :)

7 Creme Legbars + .5 that is chirping behind me (more below)
4 Black Copper Marans (BCM)
7 Blue/Black/Splash Marans (BBSM)

I'm not patient after the "due date" so I candled yesterday, applied safety holes. Today I candled again, then water candled. One of the Creme Legbars moved like crazy (it was one of the two internal pips). To the operating/assisting table with the Creme Legbar and the BCM that was "internally pipped".

"Internally Pipped" in both cases was their knee... both malpositioned but the BCM had grown beyond the shell and didn't make it (I missed that it tried to zip) :( The Creme Legbar got out okay but has naval issues and curled toes. I'm not sure the curled toes are a problem (is it?), it kind of looks like her foot is relaxed and she doesn't spend time standing, but I figured she was exhausted still. She is alone in the incubator and as the naval issue required some "pushing it in", she gets to stay there until tomorrow to see if she is going to make it. If the strength of her complaining says anything then she will be fine. (I so I can update my count to 19, then the 10 Silver Appleyards that are a week old, and tomorrow new chicks arrive for the "breeding program". The new chicks are 10 Dominiques (8g/2b), Four unsexed RIR, two male Silver Laced Wyandotte, 10 Delaware (8g/2b), and a Partridge in a pear tree (not really, but I'm getting six Guinea). Oh and if Sandhill decides to fill my order, more Creme Legbars, Dorkings, and Delewares, or Light Sussex.

Huston, he has a problem. Just ask my wife, too much poultry. :jumpy :wee:lau:D

Final Report on the Hatch. I have 18.5 chicks. :)

7 Creme Legbars + .5 that is chirping behind me (more below)
4 Black Copper Marans (BCM)
7 Blue/Black/Splash Marans (BBSM)

I'm not patient after the "due date" so I candled yesterday, applied safety holes. Today I candled again, then water candled. One of the Creme Legbars moved like crazy (it was one of the two internal pips). To the operating/assisting table with the Creme Legbar and the BCM that was "internally pipped".

"Internally Pipped" in both cases was their knee... both malpositioned but the BCM had grown beyond the shell and didn't make it (I missed that it tried to zip) :( The Creme Legbar got out okay but has naval issues and curled toes. I'm not sure the curled toes are a problem (is it?), it kind of looks like her foot is relaxed and she doesn't spend time standing, but I figured she was exhausted still. She is alone in the incubator and as the naval issue required some "pushing it in", she gets to stay there until tomorrow to see if she is going to make it. If the strength of her complaining says anything then she will be fine. (I so I can update my count to 19, then the 10 Silver Appleyards that are a week old, and tomorrow new chicks arrive for the "breeding program". The new chicks are 10 Dominiques (8g/2b), Four unsexed RIR, two male Silver Laced Wyandotte, 10 Delaware (8g/2b), and a Partridge in a pear tree (not really, but I'm getting six Guinea). Oh and if Sandhill decides to fill my order, more Creme Legbars, Dorkings, and Delewares, or Light Sussex.

Huston, he has a problem. Just ask my wife, too much poultry. :jumpy :wee:lau:D
You are going to be living in the coop soon šŸ˜‚

Mrs. Tweedy has so many chicks šŸ˜‚ she is super protective of them. I opened the door to the coop and let them out in the hardware clothed run thatā€™s below the coop.

DH wants me to free range them in the 8 foot fenced in run. I donā€™t know if I should try it with my Coturnix.
You know, if it doesn't work you can make more. But it isn't my fault, it was the Husband's idea. :)

Back
Top Bottom