• Breeder (shipped)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Is it a bantam?

I will not even go into all the animals I have because people will think I am even more nuts. I am getting rid of two chickens today though for an exchange... I am not sure if it is a cockerel yet, but I will probably keep it if it is. We are butchering a ton this weekend so my flock will decrease dramatically.
Is which one a bantam? The Orpington? Nope, I think itā€™s just the angle of the picture that makes the chick look bigger LOL though she is also small for her breed so she may be close to bantam size šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ her sister though was even smaller LOL runtiest thing šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

:lau Iā€™m getting to that stage myself šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ when I saw the chickens all spread out in the yard like that I was like ā€œdang I have a lot of birdsā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ theyā€™re not usually all together like that LOL

And nice!!! That will help haha

Is which one a bantam? The Orpington? Nope, I think itā€™s just the angle of the picture that makes the chick look bigger LOL though she is also small for her breed so she may be close to bantam size šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ her sister though was even smaller LOL runtiest thing šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

:lau Iā€™m getting to that stage myself šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ when I saw the chickens all spread out in the yard like that I was like ā€œdang I have a lot of birdsā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ theyā€™re not usually all together like that LOL

And nice!!! That will help haha
She looks tiny like bane lol šŸ˜ I love my bane šŸ˜

I need to update on my 2 august hatches. The first batch of shipped eggs, I only had one chick hatch. I made so many mistakes I'm sure I was lucky to have that one. Out of the 12 only 4 made it to lockdown, one little guy hatched out all on his own. I named him Lucky, this chick is saucy and sassy. I'm betting it's a roo, but time will tell.

Next group went much better, 10 eggs made it to lockdown and 8 healthy chicks hatched. Not bad for all shipped eggs and a newbie incubator operator.

Pic of the first little guy all lonely and a video of all 9.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/9RZGCI1fn8">pic.twitter.com/9RZGCI1fn8</a></p>&mdash; Zoey (@Zoe7090) <a href=" ">September 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
These guys hatched last Saturday and Sunday. I appreciated your feedback about the youngest ones. I notice that just the ones that were a day later get picked on. With how much smaller the ones that are a few days younger it would not have been good.
Yeah itā€™s crazy how vicious quail can be. Iā€™d put them up there with guineas on the vicious scale. Chicken cockerels that are hormonal have nothing on a quail roo. Quail roos are little crazies lol

These guys hatched last Saturday and Sunday. I appreciated your feedback about the youngest ones. I notice that just the ones that were a day later get picked on. With how much smaller the ones that are a few days younger it would not have been good.
But I love my quail coveys (I have 3 started). Iā€™ll be swapping some males in a bit to even out the ratios

Back
Top Bottom