🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to get in shape for hiking Zion National Park this summer. I think I mentioned that already. Do y’all have any tips for that? I’ve been doing Stairmasters and lots of cardio
Also consider doing weight training and core strength work.
Squats
Romanian dead lifts and squeeze your butt at the end of the lift.
Front walking lunges and backward lunges to fire your legs from different angles.
https://www.verywellfit.com/how-to-do-walking-lunges-4588048
Also if you have bands…do some lateral walking
https://www.verywellfit.com/lateral-band-walking-exercise-3120456

So excited for you! You don’t have to do these more than a couple of days a week. Good luck!

Also consider doing weight training and core strength work.
Squats
Romanian dead lifts and squeeze your butt at the end of the lift.
Front walking lunges and backward lunges to fire your legs from different angles.
https://www.verywellfit.com/how-to-do-walking-lunges-4588048
Also if you have bands…do some lateral walking
https://www.verywellfit.com/lateral-band-walking-exercise-3120456

So excited for you! You don’t have to do these more than a couple of days a week. Good luck!
I did some of these today with my workout!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

The liver sugar dump is way worse for diabetics, because you get a big high and then a big low. I'm a believer in intermittent fasting and avoiding simple carbs in general. For non diabetic folks the earlier you eat your complex carbs the better. I personally eat a very minimal carb breakfast (eggs and kale scrambled with salsa is my go to), I eat a good sized complex carbohydrate based lunch (usually beans or pulses), and go back to lower carbohydrate dinner (just a simple meat and veggie based meal). I swear I'd be so skinny if I could manage to eat a normal serving size and skip the evening drinks. That's my real issues, I just like to unwind with a drink at the end of the night. I'll get there eventually.
You’re my sister from another mister! I usually every year give up the beverages from Jan through Easter…this year, nope. Love me my beverage in the evening

0EE13CA5-7E50-496B-B5F5-8B8BBEF85638.png

Slow but steady…. I’m going to enter a couple of road races in the spring to get my groove back and then there are 2 decent races in the summer and fall I would like to do well in. Step by step… planning to get back in the pool this week!

Extra done! Full body burn today and I added in core. Think I'm also going to add in more upper body with this program. So far, only one major upper body day and the trainer didn't work on triceps. I'm an upper body fan so I might up that, we'll see what this new week brings

Yes, magnesium is used in over 2000 bodily processes and you can't live without it. Potassium helps regulate salt, and in turn how water passes through cells, each one is like a key to get through one side of a door. Calcium helps muscle contract and magnesium helps it relax. All so very vital to healthy cardiac function. Lite salt is a good add in to get more potassium if you don't already use it.
I'm being nosey because I'm a nutrition student, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Are you type one or type two diabetic? I've seen full remission for type two on low carb, but always including good amounts of vegetables, especially dark leafy greens.
Yes, but our doctor still looked at me like I had two heads when I explained what happened, the circumstances at the time and that we corrected it this way.:thI'm on high alert as it is with him having two pe's and an unprovoked arterial clot prior to low carb/carnivore. I'm diagnosed as 2 but I have not responded to carnivore like most. I haven't been tested for GAD 65 antibodies etc to rule out the possibility of Lada. I was tested for food allergies 20 years ago. Since adopting carnivore, I've tried a few things...tomatoes and potatoes seem ok, everything else sampled elicits an allergy response. What I thought was environmental allergies; dust, straw, animal dander...it was the food I was eating. I lived on allergy meds and anti-inflammatories to function. When I look back, everything started when I moved here and began to eat vegetables etc. I have no desire to go back to that. The inflammatory response may have been a catalyst in my diabetes and spine health. It wasn't like I ate a terrible diet...this is posted somewhere on BYC, Jan 2017

20171108_194817 (3).jpg

Yes, but our doctor still looked at me like I had two heads when I explained what happened, the circumstances at the time and that we corrected it this way.:thI'm on high alert as it is with him having two pe's and an unprovoked arterial clot prior to low carb/carnivore. I'm diagnosed as 2 but I have not responded to carnivore like most. I haven't been tested for GAD 65 antibodies etc to rule out the possibility of Lada. I was tested for food allergies 20 years ago. Since adopting carnivore, I've tried a few things...tomatoes and potatoes seem ok, everything else sampled elicits an allergy response. What I thought was environmental allergies; dust, straw, animal dander...it was the food I was eating. I lived on allergy meds and anti-inflammatories to function. When I look back, everything started when I moved here and began to eat vegetables etc. I have no desire to go back to that. The inflammatory response may have been a catalyst in my diabetes and spine health. It wasn't like I ate a terrible diet...this is posted somewhere on BYC, Jan 2017

View attachment 2955389
I mean you can't argue with what works, our bodies have several energy pathways available for different modes of survival. Look at the inuit, some groups ate nothing but seal and fish, but they did "nose to tail" so to speak, eating all the vital organs, bones and cartilage as well as fat and meat. That was only during winter, and in the warmer months the foraged for greens and roots, as well a seabird eggs.

With the level of inflammation you have delt with an elimination and reintroduction diet sounds like a very good idea. Especially if you have had allergy testing that didn't show anything. Allergies are a histamine reaction, not just an inflammatory reaction alone so you can miss triggers in your diet. It's really sad that physicians don't actually undergo much training in regards to diet, and they often disregard it in favor of drug treatment because it has an immediate effect and they are more in control. It's very difficult to get someone to make major dietary changes if they don't want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom