šŸ„³Pizza, Pits, Puzzles and Pumpkin Party Animals Play!šŸŽ‰

Kathy:

porcupine-enjoys-a-pumpkin.gif

OHMYGOD.
My dad was finishing taking out a tree in our front yard are found a baby rabbit squealing on the ground. So he came and got me. I was shocked, thinking I was still dreaming. He had the tiny little thing in his hands to keep it warm.
So there was a rabbit nest right under our teew the whole time. I didn't even think rabbits would have babies this time of year. Then again, this is pretty warm for most people (even though I'm shivering).
We set the rabbit back in the nest. It wasnt a nest so much as a hole in the dirt but there was at least one more rabbit in there.
They had their eyes open, fur, and looked to be about the size as ones we often see hoping about in the spring. And from what I could tell they were healthy.

We've been seeing a rabbit come around here often so that's probably the mama.
I'm going to set some yarn around the nest to he sure the mom comes back tonight or tomorrow morning.

OHMYGOD.
My dad was finishing taking out a tree in our front yard are found a baby rabbit squealing on the ground. So he came and got me. I was shocked, thinking I was still dreaming. He had the tiny little thing in his hands to keep it warm.
So there was a rabbit nest right under our teew the whole time. I didn't even think rabbits would have babies this time of year. Then again, this is pretty warm for most people (even though I'm shivering).
We set the rabbit back in the nest. It wasnt a nest so much as a hole in the dirt but there was at least one more rabbit in there.
They had their eyes open, fur, and looked to be about the size as ones we often see hoping about in the spring. And from what I could tell they were healthy.

We've been seeing a rabbit come around here often so that's probably the mama.
I'm going to set some yarn around the nest to he sure the mom comes back tonight or tomorrow morning.
Good! Iā€™m glad they were safe and you didnā€™t try and keep it inside. Baby rabbits die very quickly from shock in situations where people try and keep them as pets. Mother rabbits leave the nest when the baby rabbits are born. Babies are born without a scent so predators canā€™t find them, the mother will leave the nest so her scent doesnā€™t lead anything to them. She nurses the babies once a day, and stays nearby but not with them. If a predator comes near, she will lead it away from the babies. Donā€™t be worried if the mother rabbit doesnā€™t seem to be with them at all times, itā€™s normal, theyā€™re probably still young.

Good! Iā€™m glad they were safe and you didnā€™t try and keep it inside. Baby rabbits die very quickly from shock in situations where people try and keep them as pets. Mother rabbits leave the nest when the baby rabbits are born. Babies are born without a scent so predators canā€™t find them, the mother will leave the nest so her scent doesnā€™t lead anything to them. She nurses the babies once a day, and stays nearby but not with them. If a predator comes near, she will lead it away from the babies. Donā€™t be worried if the mother rabbit doesnā€™t seem to be with them at all times, itā€™s normal, theyā€™re probably still young.
Ikr! So many people even think rabbits that are old enough to be out of the nest should be in the nest still, so they take them inside and they often die.
Or people think they're abandoned because the mom isn't with them 24/7.
I just glad that he/she didnt go far from the nest and that we easily located it.

Back
Top Bottom