1 out and a bunch to go !! Hows everyones eggs doing, any hatching ???

swtangel321

~Crazy Egg Lady~
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Well, 1 chick out and a bunch to go.... still have the one in the egg that piped the wrong end (will help soon)

Hows everyone else doing ? Any chicks ?

Feel free to post pics (I will soon)

Last edited:
I'm on day 20 with 7 Buff Orp eggs. Nothing's happening. I'm afraid the hatch is a failure.
sad.png
Do all eggs rock before hatching? This is my first time and I'm just soooo worried. The eggs were dark when I last candled on day 18 but I didn't see any movement. Patience is not my strong suit!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Patience is not mine either !!!! Some move, some don't !!!! Some pip and come right out, others pip and wait 1-2day.... It all depends.... If they were dark on day 18 thats a good thing and most of the time you wont see any movement (the chick is to big) on day 18 once and a while you might see a beak move that late, but if you dont no worry !! What were your temps and humitidy day 1-18... What are your temps and humitidy now ??

Day 20 for me also, Good luck !!!!!

6 out now !!!! WOOO HOOO

Last edited:
Quote:
I've only seen one egg rock in all of my hatching. They rock as they are getting into the correct position for hatching with their head tucked under their right wing.

Just keep on watching. Mine usually don't even pip until day 21. You don't really want them hatching early. Patience....
wink.png

I'm on day 19 and one Buff Orp. out of the shell. Other eggs are showing signs. Ok I need to settle down. Whew!!!! This is my first time hatching eggs but I have a brother-inlaw that has done it alot so he has helped me. I have 11 Buffs and he has 11 silkie eggs due two days later than mine. What a blast our son thinks its the coolest thing. Wish me luck. And I mean me..... I hope I live through it.
wink.png

swtangel321 wrote:

"Patience is not mine either !!!! Some move, some don't !!!! Some pip and come right out, others pip and wait 1-2day.... It all depends.... If they were dark on day 18 thats a good thing and most of the time you wont see any movement (the chick is to big) on day 18 once and a while you might see a beak move that late, but if you dont no worry !! What were your temps and humitidy day 1-18... What are your temps and humitidy now ??"

I'm using a homemade still air incubator. Temps day 1-18 were kept at 102 and humidity was around 40-45%. I increased the humidity on day 19 and it has been toggeling between 65-70%. It's the still air factor that really worries me. I will be adding a fan for the next batch.

I tried dry incubating this time around (a little water) and so far it's working great.... All of my eggs developed and everyone is hatching good.... day 1-18 was 30-35 and day 18-21 is about 60-65 (trying to keep it about 60, I have late eggs in the bator and don't want to drown them) Last time I hatched eggs my temp and hum were right about where yours were and I lost 3 babies (never piped) so I figured id try it this way. From now on I'll dry incubate !!!! keep me updated !!!

Back
Top Bottom