1 unknown Color & several Breed unknowns!

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
Here is a Silkie chick I hatched. I'm trying to find out her/his color.
blk.jpg

This is a photo for size reference between them.
flcokk.jpg

Next is my baby girl, Angie. I am thinking Cochin/Silkie, what breed do you think? She is very friendly and my fav. She is tiny and I've thought of bringing her in the house, but she loves being a chicken and hanging with her buddies.
b3.jpg

angie.jpg

Two little hens were supposed to be 'dutch bantams', I have no idea.
alerthen.jpg

qbird.jpg

Roo, unknown breed.
spotsc.jpg

1sfds.jpg

IDK.
unhen.jpg

3henss.jpg

a4.jpg

IDK.
hen2-1.jpg

mahfoot.jpg

hennns.jpg

Welsummers. I call this one Red, because she is red...lol.
Redd.jpg

Red.jpg

Also have these 'Welsummers', buff.
c2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, I was thinking she may be black, but I've read black, blue, etc was hard to tell, so I wanted to leave it up to the experts.
smile.png

Oh gawd, more Roos???
I'm gonna have to support genetically modified chickens where they can make any breed hens from an egg, lol.

From the picture the Silkie looks black with maybe some blue feathers.
The rest look like mixes.
The Cochin X Silkie seems like a good guess for Angie.
The two Dutch I am not seeing white ears, and I don't recall that feather color/pattern. But, those oegb/dutch can come in quite a few colors, which is most likely what those hens are/or are crossed with.
Columbian colored rooster is also a mix. My guess would be Columbian Wyandotte X Cochin.
Mixed hen, I'm not sure what to suggest
The Welsummers are both boys, and they are not Welsummers. The red one could be some sort of production red, and the buff and Orpington.

Here is a young Welsummer rooster
23433_welroo.jpg

Good luck with your birds, they are very pretty! I know my mixed breeds are often my favorites.

I've noticed chickens that turn into hens will sit/nest/lounge around, while roos like to always be up and moving. The one laying in the grass with the barred rock I'm thinking is a hen, I have another similar to her, but is up more often. They all really look the same.

Back
Top Bottom