10 adults, 12 teenagers... no one is laying!

smvettechmom

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2014
Roseburg oregon
I have 10 adults who ranging from 1-3 years of age and 12 that are about 6 months. We were almost always getting 7-8 from our adults. Our babies were starting to lay... we have not gotten a single egg in 5 days! They are fenced in and locked up at night. We renovated their coopma couple weeks ago but other than that the only thing that has changed is more fruit and veggies from the garden. They molted about a month ago... any ideas?!
Thank you!!!

I have 10 adults who ranging from 1-3 years of age and 12 that are about 6 months. We were almost always getting 7-8 from our adults. Our babies were starting to lay... we have not gotten a single egg in 5 days! They are fenced in and locked up at night. We renovated their coopma couple weeks ago but other than that the only thing that has changed is more fruit and veggies from the garden. They molted about a month ago... any ideas?!
Thank you!!!
But what about during the day, do they free range?
Change in coop could have driven them to lay out in range area.

Who molted a month ago...the olders or the youngers?

2 weeks ago you changed their coop. Disruptions can take up to a month to settle out. You probably didn't think it affected them so bad because it takes some time for the "pipeline" to clear before seeing the real pause in laying.

Thank you!!!
Also... we've checked under the coop, every cotber
Have you lost any chickens recently?
no we haven't lost any

Back
Top Bottom