10 Baby Wood Ducks (1st thought they were Mallards)

Pics
Wow, they’re so beautiful! I’ve been watching this whole time, & raising a wood duck of my own.

I think my baby is just a little behind yours. She’s been inside & is extremely attached to me, though. I’ve got to move her out to a pen soon, & let her adjust to being outside before I can even think about letting her go. Not sure if I will, because she’s very dependent, but just thinking about it makes me want to cry. I think I’m just as attached to her as she is to me. :hit Still, I just want what is best for her.

You did so good with yours, I wish I could have done the same. Anyways, I just wanted to wish your babies good luck, & say congratulations on your release! :thumbsup

Here’s mine, by the way. She loves to pose. :love
View attachment 1904063 View attachment 1904062
View attachment 1904064 View attachment 1904067

Just wanted to show her off. :lol:
Your baby is beautiful!

This picture really shows off their coloring.

mushr 2 116-2.jpg

True confession time. Three babies came back yesterday, all at different times through the day, and each did the same thing -- went to the pen and paced alongside the fence wanting back in. So, I let them in. One drake and 2 hens. I talked with our local wildlife person. We agreed that nature may eventually kick in. I'll soon be giving my pullets (those wild and crazy girls!) occasional (and supervised) access to my backyard. (Ducks and pullets are housed together.) The babies will have plenty of opportunities to fly free and explore.

Back
Top Bottom