10 Egg Pound Cake

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by DuckLady, Jul 11, 2009.

1. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    Quote:just wait until i make my first chocolate marble pound cake. you are gonna need to do some laps around your keyboard after LOOKING at that one.

2. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    wow. this is very heavy and dense and delicious.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It'll put 10lbs on you easy. [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I've used this recipe numerous times and it's always a knock out. Just don't eat any of it and you'll be fine! [​IMG] yeah right.............[​IMG]

Personally, I think it would make a great wedding cake. With a creative mind and some decorating...........mmmmmmmmmm...........mmmmmmmmmm. Those old wedding cakes ............bleah...........

5. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Songster

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    This recipe sounded so good that I made the cake yesterday. It is positively the best and probably the most fattening thing I have ever eaten!! Thanks for the recipe terrielacy/farmwoman!

6. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Songster

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    i am resisting the urge to go make one lol

7. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Songster

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    Quote:Don't resist - just do it!! It is SO good!

8. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    it is very good although i had to get my GF to take half of it to work with her to get it out of our house.

and a woman she works with is a baker and said that this pound cake is the way a pound cake should be.

9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I made both recipes yesterday. They are pretty cakes.
    Because I do not eat wheat I can not give my personal opinion, but my son gave them an 11 based on a ten point scale.
    I am going to try one next week with coconut flour.
    I really hope that it works so I can try some! [​IMG]

10. Andi

Andi Songster

I've got a question. Actually 2. I've been drooling over the thought of pound cake for a few days now. I have a holiday pot luck coming up at work and thought this would be awesome. The problem is that my oven isn't working. I might be able to sweet talk my mom into letting me use hers while I'm down for Christmas and then haul the cake back. I'm wondering if it'll taste old after a couple days. I don't want to go through the work only to present stale pound cake to my co-workers. What do you guys think? Have you had it last more than a couple days after making it?

I haven't had pound cake in probably a couple decades and can't recall what it was like, except that it was delicious. Do you guys have any ideas for a topping that would give it a Christmas like feel?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: