$10 homemade incubator!

Rashid100

Songster
5 Years
Jul 13, 2014
Here is a bator I made almost entirely from dollar store items. I have a batch of button quail eggs in there. Hope to get a good hatch!
Here's the list:
Cooler - dollar store
Tape - dollar store
Non slip liner - dollar store
Bulb - dollar store
Picture frame for window - dollar store
Fan - $2 ebay
bulb holder - $3 ebay
I had the thermometer. But you could get one online for a few bucks

Note: the humidity gauge shows 15% higher than actual humidity. I did the salt test to find out

I've used the same type of homemade incubators for the past 2 years. Got about 6 hatches and 0 fires

OK You have my attention.

While this doesn't seem like a good idea to me because those bulbs don't put off much heat & it seems like it would be easily lost. But if you was able to keep heat in it seems without something to control it that it would over heat. I had a Little Giant that used a reastat & that thing drove me crazy. I replaced it with a thermostat.

So now I'm interested. It has to be a little work getting it right & keeping it right isn't it? Can you share more detail? I'm ready to see what I'm missing in my logic.

I tried various bulbs and found these to hold the most consistent heat at 100 degrees. Also, the fan helps keeping it consistent. I used to use rocks as well. Never really has a overheating problem.

You may have a problem if the room temperature changes but congrats on the setup that works. It looks good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom