10+ Pure Light Brahmas

Quote:
Hey Hun, I have Sussex in the brooder if you want some. But, these here birdies are Brahmas.
wink.png
hugs.gif

Blon-duh?
hide.gif

smack.gif
I have 2 Light Brahma mommas...I saw the feathered feet right away, you big meanie! And it is BLONDE FROM THE BOTTLE!!
cool.png

Quote:
Hey Hun, I have Sussex in the brooder if you want some. But, these here birdies are Brahmas.
wink.png
hugs.gif

Sorry...it was an incomplete thought...and pre-coffee! Your Light Brahmas are beautiful. Along with your Wellies, I want some of your Sussex. This is what I get with kids chatting in my ear and fb IM's going at the same time!

I want some of her blue and splash marans, I had to scroll the page to make sure she didn't put any of those up.

Quote:
Sorry...it was an incomplete thought...and pre-coffee! Your Light Brahmas are beautiful. Along with your Wellies, I want some of your Sussex. This is what I get with kids chatting in my ear and fb IM's going at the same time!

I want some of her blue and splash marans, I had to scroll the page to make sure she didn't put any of those up.

Note to self, thank C for not bringing J on the 19th!
hide.gif

Quote:

hide.gif

I can if you really want me to! I'm sure he could take the day off!!!
lol.png

Quote:
hide.gif

I can if you really want me to! I'm sure he could take the day off!!!
lol.png

I'm sure Craig would like the added Testosterone in the house!
wink.png

We got 2 light brahmas last spring, one was a bit sick as a chick but ended up doing fine, one ended up being a rooster .

Our hen ended up prolapsing and died. Is this a normal problem for brahmas? Or just unlucky? We would love to get more this spring!

Quote:
wink.png
hugs.gif

I can see how you got there! I was trying to be as gentle as possible. Poor Muggsy - she is the red headed step child!
hugs.gif

You tell me what you want when we get closer. If i have it...it is yours!
hugs.gif

Quote:
frow.gif
Just to clarify, the birds you are talking about did not come from me, so I would not be able to speak directly about that line.

I got my original flock from a local "old farmer" who had been raising them for years. he was getting too old to continue to keep up. He spoke VERY highly of this breed - said they were the healthiest New England chickens I could get
wink.png

I have had this breed for going on 2 years. I have not lost one. They are very low mantenance. I have hatched out 60+ of their eggs both from the first gen and the second.

I think you may just have had an unlucky experience. Sorry!
idunno.gif

Last edited:
RIGHT! For sure not your birds I was talking about. I just wanted to make sure I was ok in trying this breed again. If they live well in NH, they should do the same in Maine right!?!

Back
Top Bottom