104 and 99???

GiGi123

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 19, 2010
Hello ALL!

first off Happy thanksgiving.

well i have 2 thermometers in my incuabator, one in the right window the other in the left.
the right is at 99.4 and the left is at 104!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

what am i supposed to do?

the thermometer on the left jumps all over the place while the one on the right is pretty steady.
Do you think it is the thermometer that is off or the incubator temperature??

thank you for your help!

GiGi

I recently attended the ALBC conference and there were two gentleman who spoke on incubation and this is what they said. If you have two thermometers in your incubator take an average of the two. Simply add them together and divide. This I suppose applies to those who use three or four.

Temps up or down by a point won't hurt it's just if they go way low or way high. No one ever gets exactly 99.5, even a broody hen.

I have a copy on incubation from PP mag and can e-mail it to you if you'd like. Just pm me.

Oh and another thing they said, READ THE MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS. These machines have been tested and each has it's own set of instructions geared to that machine.

Wishing everyone a successful hatch

Rancher. LOCKDOWN TODAY!

First off, don't panic. Switch the thermometers and see if it's the actual reading of the bator or if it's the thermometers that are off, then go from there.

I know where your coming from, and I had one thermometer in there. It took 3 days to regulate one of my Hova Bators (no drafts, no heat close by). Didn't have any idea what I was doing wrong. If I turned it up, it went to 102, if I turned it down, it went to 92 or 96. But they are hatching , two are already in the brooder and I have about two almost out, and 3 pips so far. So I am crossing my chicken toes.
smile.png

thanks for the help!
i think i got it stable again.
i hope i didn't fry the eggs.... if i did that would be terrible.
crossing my fingers and toes for everyone who is having issues like mine
fl.gif

Thank you all,
GiGi

Back
Top Bottom