10th Annual 2019 New Years Day Hatch-along!

Pics
DSCN1250 (1).JPG
Will be setting Bearded-Bow-Tie-SHOWGIRL-Silkies

Last edited:
I'm apparently ignorant about turkeys. I thought they pretty much just lay for several months a year?
Well.... I am no expert as my first turkeys were hatched out a year ago. So far my girl stilts that hatched 1.1.18 started laying in June and is still laying, I turned lights on about a month ago to help get eggs earlier. My daughter is hoping to hatch some out early so she can take a few to fair.

I'm apparently ignorant about turkeys. I thought they pretty much just lay for several months a year?

Typically, my turkeys would start laying January/February and last through the end of July/August. This year was a weird year with all the rain and the girls didn't lay well so i think that's why they're starting up early this year. I actually have 26 in the Bator, 6 waiting to in and a broody turkey already!

Typically, my turkeys would start laying January/February and last through the end of July/August. This year was a weird year with all the rain and the girls didn't lay well so i think that's why they're starting up early this year. I actually have 26 in the Bator, 6 waiting to in and a broody turkey already!
Wow! Congrats on a broody already!
I liked my turkeys (Naragansetts), but the tom began to keep us prisoner in our home, so auctioned him off. Handsome he was, but a naughty boy. I LOOOOVE BBW personality and meat. Wish the could reproduce. Tempted to get into MW's, but keep telling myself no. Don't want to create more work at this stage of my life. Trying to keep it simple. Ducks and Chickens. The ducks are SOOOOO easy to take care of "I looove it". SO easy to get back into coop AT ANY TIME OF DAY! And eggs EVERYDAY now from both girls. I love my White Layer Ducks!

I have an incubator. My mom won’t let me hatch eggs. :(

Ah okay. :(

Can you convince her with a “Pleeeeaaaasssseee! Just 3 eggs?!” Like I can with my mom? Or is she a “nope, not gonna happen” mom?
When I have that problem I just set them. She will complain a bit but thinks the chicks are funny and cute.

Back
Top Bottom