11 new babies!!

fzouk

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
middle Tennessee
I picked up 11 little chicks today and I'm excited because they already seem more friendly than the hamburgs (1 year old now) I have! They hamburgs from the very start would scramble to get away from my hands but these are curious and love to climb on and off of my hand in the brooder!! I got 7 australorps, 2 buff orpingtons, and 2 ameraucanas- YAAAAAAY!!!!! And of course they are absolutely adorable!
big_smile.png
The Hamburgs are my first line warriors against ticks, these guys are second line and mostly layers and pets- I'm SO HAPPY to get some laid back birds this time!!!

Frances

Aw, so happy for you!
love.gif
Buff Opingtons are really sweet chickens! I have about 30 and they're SO SWEET! You'll love them!!! And the EE chickens are very sweet as well! My blue EE hen Julia just started laying last week!!!! Best of luck with your baby chicks!!

I think the Australorp is a fabulous breed for temperament, egg production, congeniality and, if you breed, for broodiness. Good call on the breeds!

My son wants Ameracaunas but they seem to be the breed of the moment and may be hard to find...
hmm.png

May have to order a few if I can't pick them up!

Congrats on the new additions.
thumbsup.gif

I have 2 Silver Spangled Hamburgs...and out of all my birds they are the most skittish. Love their sharp markings though! My Orps are VERY laid back...and my EEs are just plain goofy.
Enjoy the chicks.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom