11 week old Speckled sussex cockerel or pullet

chickiebean85

Songster
6 Years
Dec 22, 2015
Maine
I have 6 sexed chicks I got from meyer hatchery but from the beginning this one has stood out as a boy it grew taller than all the others and its mannerisms but I am not familiar with this breed I am not sure what it should look like developing. It has a pinkish comb and tiny wattles, not sure about hackles hoping you can tell me if it looks like if it has hackles. Sorry the picture sucks my camera is not great.

Attachments

• 20221202_143537.jpg
    20221202_143537.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 31
It has a pinkish comb and tiny wattles, not sure about hackles hoping you can tell me if it looks like if it has hackles.
I agree pullet.. from what I can see.

All birds have saddle and hackle feathers.. the gender specific ones start to be seen as early as 10 but closer to 12 weeks and getting longer closer to 16 weeks.. examples from google..
1670016515626.png

1670016540019.png

I think it's about time someone made a tutorial on how to properly take a photo of a chicken!:rolleyes:
I see from the questions about whether the chicken is male or female, every picture is taken "from a plane-in the fog-while it's raining-while it's night"
People, if you are already asking such questions, then take a close-up picture of the chicken, from all sides - these pictures really don't make sense!
I believe @Overo Mare has already made one.

I think it's about time someone made a tutorial on how to properly take a photo of a chicken!:rolleyes:
I see from the questions about whether the chicken is male or female, every picture is taken "from a plane-in the fog-while it's raining-while it's night"
People, if you are already asking such questions, then take a close-up picture of the chicken, from all sides - these pictures really don't make sense!

So true! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom