11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FortCluck Were hatch results pretty much the same? (Although, I do know there are many variables when it comes to incubation)
I don't know yet because the ones laying down aren't hatching until Easter. I do see a lot less quitters in the beginning with them laying down and turning, but they weren't my eggs either the first time. My Easter hatch ones are mine.

Could either be less quitters from not being in the turner or it could be my breeding stock is better than the eggs I did before from another farm.

Sorry... I thought that link would open in Amazon... anyway, I took it out and posted a screenshot. Holderread is THE recognized authority in the USA on waterfowl. Among many other things, it contains detailed instructions for incubation.
BYC does that now after the update!

Does anyone happen to be hatching duck eggs in a Nurture Right 360? I was just wondering if people had better hatch rates hand turning vs using the auto turner. It's day 10 and I have been manually turning 3x everyday since I've heard it's "better" for ducks:idunno but recently I've heard otherwise. And also, I just rotate them 180* from one side to the other however now I found (in a different thread) that you're supposed to flip them kind of like they're doing a somersault. Right now I'm a little confused since this is my first time using an incubator and I really want to get it right. A month ago, I made a DIY incubator for my first ever hatch and only 1 out of the 6 pipped and made it out of the shell, but she had some obvious neurological and internal issues and passed away a few days later. I was very attached to her so it was extremely sad and I don't want to make the same mistakes. Sorry for writing a whole essay of a post lol, but I'd appreciate any tips people might have.

I am! The turner is fine for duck eggs, no need to hand turn. It even works for Call eggs which are notoriously difficult about turners.

Also, you're definitely just supposed to rotate them, no need to flip them end over end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom