11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first Easter Hatch along... do I say how many eggs I hatching here? In that case, 2 eggs are hatching close to Easter.

@casportpony is keeping track of the numbers but it may be too late to get added to that list, we'll see what she says. You can absolutely still share your hatch with us even if it's not in that contest. Good luck on your hatch!

This is my first Easter Hatch along... do I say how many eggs I hatching here? In that case, 2 eggs are hatching close to Easter.
As CluckNDoodle said, it's all up to @casportpony - "official" registry is by a PM to them with how many eggs you've set and expected hatch dates for each. I read somewhere that hatches due within 3 days +/- of Saturday 4/11, will count in the contests (how many set, farthest shipped etc..), but all are welcome to participate in this thread, whether or not they're hatching eggs early/on time/late...

Just pulled 4 infertile eggs. This is my first hatch using my own flock’s eggs & they all have a beautiful heavy bloom. But wow are they hard to candle. I know I kept them in the incubator longer than I normally would have, but I am nervous to pull them. I still have 3 of my Marans eggs in there that I suspect are duds too. How do you all deal with candling Marans eggs? Just hope for the best?

Just pulled 4 infertile eggs. This is my first hatch using my own flock’s eggs & they all have a beautiful heavy bloom. But wow are they hard to candle. I know I kept them in the incubator longer than I normally would have, but I am nervous to pull them. I still have 3 of my Marans eggs in there that I suspect are duds too. How do you all deal with candling Marans eggs? Just hope for the best?
I posted about this a few days ago https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/11th-annual-easter-hatch-a-long-2020.1350863/post-22380700

I haven't incubated any Marans eggs before, but that's my best guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom