11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 2 Cream Legbar females! :love
20200410_145531.jpg

I may have just bought a thing... or 4 😂.
I was playing with the idea of crossing my Welsh Harlequin boys with Cayuga girls, to get some fun colours, and someone local had these (she had 2 Cayuga hens, a Rouen hen, and a mixed hen in with a Cayuga drake), hatched yesterday, so I inquired and as luck had it they were in her truck, and she was on the road 2 minutes away from my house... who was I to deny fate 🤷‍♀️ she brought them straight to my door.

This ones eyebrows kill me.
View attachment 2083626
Name him Dwayne after The Rock 😂 giving us the people's eyebrow

Is it too late for me to join? I didn’t even realize this was a thing but I just happen to have set my maran eggs on March 21st at 11:00 am! Here is a pic of them before incubating and the one that has pipped as of today.
I think you can still join. Message @casportpony and tell her how many eggs you started out with. Congrats on your soon-to-be hatch!

12.5 hrs without power and counting. Looks like it’ll be out all day, maybe even into tomorrow.
Incubator without power for 10.5 hrs already, I’ve been keeping them as warm as possible. With the windows fogged up and blankets covering, but I see pips! Fingers crossed some of them survive.
They do need ventilation at this point. Can you run an inverter from the car's power port?

12.5 hrs without power and counting. Looks like it’ll be out all day, maybe even into tomorrow.
Incubator without power for 10.5 hrs already, I’ve been keeping them as warm as possible. With the windows fogged up and blankets covering, but I see pips! Fingers crossed some of them survive.
If you have a gas oven, you could put them in and hope the pilot light keeps them warm? I have read about ladies using their, um, cleavage. If it's warm where you live you might try your car in the sun--just make sure it doesn't get TOO hot. If it's cold, do you have a spot by the fire or etc. for them? sunny window? clear plastic for a make-shift greenhouse?

They do need ventilation at this point. Can you run an inverter from the car's power port?
No car port, but I’ve found another battery. I plugged it in again and uncovered everything so the air can circulate. Temp was 102.5 and humidity 95% but that’s quickly dropped with the fan going and air being moved through again. More chipping and I think they’re going to be alright.
The battery won’t last long, but our generator came in so hopefully we can get that set up and this’ll be enough.

No car port, but I’ve found another battery. I plugged it in again and uncovered everything so the air can circulate. Temp was 102.5 and humidity 95% but that’s quickly dropped with the fan going and air being moved through again. More chipping and I think they’re going to be alright.
The battery won’t last long, but our generator came in so hopefully we can get that set up and this’ll be enough.
:fl🙏

Doing test run on my hatcher and I cannot get my hatcher up to 70% humidity. I have the water wells all full and a sponge in a small basket soaked to the point there is water in the basket and I can only get it up to 65%. Any suggestions on how to get humidity up some more? Should I put the vent plugs back in (even though that eliminates most of the fresh air for circulation)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom