11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my new baby ducklings, Chester the Indian runner (left) and Scotty the pekin duck (right)!

Attachments

• 833BBD92-E0CC-4B70-A86E-BBC707005AFD.jpeg
    833BBD92-E0CC-4B70-A86E-BBC707005AFD.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 4
12 have hatched!! The last 2 don’t have any pips yet
I wanted to avoid using one of our hen’s egg because she is not even a year old yet (will be early this summer) I guess I accidentally used one of her eggs and I know this because she is an Ayam Cemani mix so the black color takes over all the other colors (In my experience with all the Ayam Cemanis I’ve hatched)
The chick is super adorable but she has a scissor break:barnie
I can’t blame her. It was my fault—I’m just disappointed 😔
It’s not bad though and she will most likely survive.
*when she is dried to will post some pictures*
There is another that is struggling by getting dried it hasn’t been long though so I’ll give her some more time. But she seems really weak—
Edit: she can never seem to stay upright and is always struggling on her back
Hoping for the best :fl

Happy Easter y’all!!!!!!!
Ok I’m getting really worried about this little one
When she is on her back her legs are shaking and I have helped her onto her feet once but she flopped right back over. It looks like she has given up from trying to flip back over herself and now lays there on her back/side-her feet non stop shaking.
She is having a very hard time drying (I don’t have an extra incubator sadly to put her in alone) another chick (scissor beak baby) hatched a couple of hours after her and is doing much better and able to stay on her feet. And dry well
what should I do to help this little one? Is there anything or should I see what happens?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok I’m getting really worried about this little one
When she is on her back her legs are shaking and I have helped her onto her feet once but she flopped right back over. It looks like she has given up from trying to flip back over herself and now lays there on her back/side-her feet non stop shaking.
She is having a very hard time drying (I don’t have an extra incubator sadly to put her in alone) another chick (scissor beak baby) hatched a couple of hours after her and is doing much better and able to stay on her feet. And dry well
what should I do to help this little one? Is there anything or should I see what happens?View attachment 2086508View attachment 2086509
Put the chick into a tea or coffee up. See if she starts standing. She might have spradle leg which requires s splint

We have 2 chicks hatched and one more pip on an egg I can see! There are nine eggs total in the incubator! Still waiting. Checked on my little bantam hen and she has three more pips on her eggs in the nest. BUT there was a rat snake in the shed not more than three feet from her nest! YIKES. I hate to harm non venomous but he had to be dispatched.
just a couple pics of the chicks. Barnyard mix with a bit of easter egger in them. Not the best pics will get more in a bit

Attachments

• IMG_6473.jpg
    IMG_6473.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6479.jpg
    IMG_6479.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom