12+ Blue NN eggs

3.gif

Quote:
work him keep on working him, and if you want to use it for meat tell him that there's less feathers to pluck, making his job easyer
wink.png

That was going to be my question, with the orphington cross are they still loosly feathered and heat resistant like a true NN?

NN are my first choice for large fowl in this Texas heat. But I am wondering if this cross could handle 100 degree weather with high humidity like a normal very loose feathered NN can. Orphingtons don't do well here at all. That is a very important reason for keeping the NN breed in the heat of the south, along with its meat potential.

Very pretty.

Don't know why, thinking sunshine state was California and there's no real humidity there.
I think my brooder house is filled out for this year unless I decide in August to add more. In a few days I'll be setting my own Sicilian Buttercup eggs, so the next 19 weeks are tied up. But I get NN every year, I still think they are like baby swans at hatch and just can't go without them.

Nava, I'll add you to my breeder list so I don't forget next year.

Chickenlittle32, thanks for the info and fast reply.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Quote:
hey thanks Mary
love.gif

Buttercup Chillin, sorry, i was gone most of the morning , but thanks to a fellow shark you got your questions answered, and yes these chickens can handle the FL heat very well, the ones that i have a problem here in FL are silkies they get heatstrokes i've lost 2 that way. and thanks for your interest
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom