12 week old barred rock honking noises

Tstraub

Crowing
Apr 6, 2023
Bluffton, Indiana
I’m still new to chickens only had them about 6 months. Today I noticed some noises I have never heard before and I’m afraid I might have my first sick chick. Video attached because it’s easier than trying to explain. As the barred rock walks toward the nesting box she make a funny noise a few times.

Haven’t noticed any issues eating or drinking. She is active and runs around just like the other younger birds. She is not being picked on the older birds generally hang out together and the little ones hang out together as two separate groups ignoring each other most of the time. Is this noise something to be concerned about?

Just wanted to add I have attached a picture of the contents of my chicken medicine cabinet. I don’t know if any of this is helpful it’s just what my wife ordered from some list of things to have on hand.

Attachments

• 54300D3B-7EA4-48DC-82E7-7BE0A82FCEF3.jpeg
    54300D3B-7EA4-48DC-82E7-7BE0A82FCEF3.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 2
No, those are normal chicken noises.
I have never heard them make that noise before.I have heard a lot of funny noise that I didn’t know were normal until I got chickens. I guess I’ll just add that noise to the normal category It sounds almost like a kazoo. Thanks for your quick response

Just wanted to add I have attached a picture of the contents of my chicken medicine cabinet. I don’t know if any of this is helpful it’s just what my wife ordered from some list of things to have on hand.
It sounds pretty normal, but if you ever thought one was sounding like they had the start of a respiratory illness, aka cold, just so you'd know that the VetRX you have can help make them more comfortable and/or breathe better. It is like Vicks for chickens, so it doesn't cure anything. It's recommended to rub a drop or two under each wing and rub a little in on their head near but not on their nostrils.

Beautiful chickens!!

It sounds pretty normal, but if you ever thought one was sounding like they had the start of a respiratory illness, aka cold, just so you'd know that the VetRX you have can help make them more comfortable and/or breathe better. It is like Vicks for chickens, so it doesn't cure anything. It's recommended to rub a drop or two under each wing and rub a little in on their head near but not on their nostrils.

Beautiful chickens!!
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom