12 week old, roosting outside

Dhkoenig

Songster
Sep 21, 2020
Bergen County New Jersey
We have four pullets (? 12 weeks old) that we raised with a brooder outside in our run. they have been outside their whole lives pretty much, they no longer use the Brooder, but they still refuse to perch inside the coop. I keep moving them in every night. And then, every night they go up onto a roost in the run. We are going away for a few nights, and I feel strange, asking the Pet Sitter to come to our house after dark and move them into the coop… It’s supposed to be in the Low 50s. Out in the run there’s a potential that there could be wind. Can they handle that at that age?

We have four pullets (? 12 weeks old) that we raised with a brooder outside in our run. they have been outside their whole lives pretty much, they no longer use the Brooder, but they still refuse to perch inside the coop. I keep moving them in every night. And then, every night they go up onto a roost in the run. We are going away for a few nights, and I feel strange, asking the Pet Sitter to come to our house after dark and move them into the coop… It’s supposed to be in the Low 50s. Out in the run there’s a potential that there could be wind. Can they handle that at that age?
They can yea. And also if theres wind, rain or trouble, id expect theyd coop themselves up to stay safe. Pretty smart birds for being extremely ditzy sometimes lol

Back
Top Bottom