12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the one chick hatch 2 1/4 days early (the black one pictured) so yesterday evening I bought 2 color packs from Coastal Farms (the two gold ones) to keep it company. Right now I have 8 eggs pipping, none zipping yet. I took today off work just in case though.

Attachments

• A39B0F7E-2707-4BF7-A503-B911985A4374.jpeg
    A39B0F7E-2707-4BF7-A503-B911985A4374.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 3
Would it be possible to design a shipping container based on a clear plastic egg carton placed inside a larger padded foil-lined box with Velcro or snap closures so that Customs officials can open the box, visually inspect the contents, then close the box? To skip having to x-ray it?

Edited- and paste a copy of the article inside the box lid!!!

Possible, sure! Almost anything is possible. Now, whether the postal employees would care enough to figure it out...that's a whole other story. I think a lot of them don't even read the MASSIVE signs we stick all over our precious cargo boxes. lol

I take the white turner out because they can sometimes get stuck when trying to push out of the egg but if you're there watching you should be ok to wait. I've hatched both with and without the no-skid shelf liner in the NR360. It's not necessary, it's just a little extra padding.
Thanks I removed the white turner. Stuck a damp paper towel in there and humidity returned to 70%.

I have liner but didn’t know til you said this. Should I take out the turning rack now? And put liner on the grate at this point (peeps and pips but no zips)

or leave it alone???

Manual doesn’t say to remove turning carousel thingy?
Edited to add, running a new Nurture Right 360 that stopped turning 3 days before scheduled hatch ( tomorrow)
View attachment 2596481
Yes, it does say you should pull the turning tray as it can hinder the hatch. Just gently lift up, wiggling as needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom