12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210401_005558.jpg
20210401_005508.jpg
20210401_005448.jpg
😁 😁 😁

She's a little late but my hen Jeg (one of my grocery store egg hatches from last year) has decided to join the hatch-along. I'd been seeing some feathers in the nest boxes for a couple days. Then last night I found her pancaked in a box. Still there this morning and she got very loud when I felt under her. She was on 3 eggs, I stuck 6 more under her and she settled on them.

My first broody hen!

Should I try to fence off that box so the other hens won't bother her?

She's a little late but my hen Jeg (one of my grocery store egg hatches from last year) has decided to join the hatch-along. I'd been seeing some feathers in the nest boxes for a couple days. Then last night I found her pancaked in a box. Still there this morning and she got very loud when I felt under her. She was on 3 eggs, I stuck 6 more under her and she settled on them.

My first broody hen!

Should I try to fence off that box so the other hens won't bother her?
Yes, if you can do that, it would be ideal. Otherwise, you just have to take any fresh eggs laid in that box every day.

Yes, if you can do that, it would be ideal. Otherwise, you just have to take any fresh eggs laid in that box every day.
A solid band made with a sharpie is ideal. A sharpie doesn’t wipe off, and a band will be easier to see when you’re fighting for your life. Yesterday I almost lost my hand until I put scratch in it. Momma was growling the moment she heard me unlatching the coop door. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom