12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eko is "shadowing" at the edge of the aircell.
:wee
Unfortunately my hatchery order with Eko's buddies has been delayed and will not arrive on Saturday, but will be here (hopefully) on April 22, so the little one will be alone for almost 2 weeks! Plan to put a stuffed animal in the brooder and a mirror and give her/him a lot of attention. I work from home, so that helps. Last time I had a single chick, I had to keep the brooder right next to my desk to keep the little one from peeping all day!
IMG_3239.jpg

Last edited:
Eko is "shadowing" at the edge of the aircell.
:wee
Unfortunately my hatchery order with Eko's buddies has been delayed and will not arrive on Saturday, but will be here (hopefully) on April 22, so the little one will be alone for almost 2 weeks! Plan to put a stuffed animal in the brooder and a mirror and give her/him a lot of attention. I work from home, so that helps. Last time I had a single chick, I had to keep the brooder right next to my desk to keep the little one from peeping all day!
View attachment 2606122
I'm in love with your Avvy chick. 💞. Splash?

Hatching started around 10pm last night here we are less than 12 hours later!
46/55 eggs hatched in 24 hours! Only one major defect noted so far in #46 that was malpositioned in the egg. The last 10 have some pips so still watching!!! 45 in the brooder and I still need to see #males and #females (sex link hatch)

Hatchday was 3/31. Two chicks hatched on their own, but one got stuck with curled toes and somehow ended up injured too, died within a couple days. The egg I thought was dead turned out to still have living chick, but it had problems trying to hatch and died within minutes of being assisted out. I don't think the last one should be included in hatch count.

So, 2 of 12 hatched and 1 survived the first week. Fortunately the survivor is doing pretty well, getting along with chicks from feed store.

20210408_161154.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom