13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Okay, I’m in for the HAL! I just bought 6 self blue d’Anver eggs that will arrive by March 30. :)

I’m in!!! Just reserved some blue/green local eggs that will be picked up the day before and I AM EXCITED

I am planning on setting eggs....

So.... to enter here...

Set chicken eggs next Saturday, as in one week from today...

Humm...

My bantams are laying, my standard fowl are NOT. No idea why...

So ... we will have to see how many eggs I have next week.
Welcome!

It is nice to have you hatching with us!

Guess what happened today?? :celebrate
All 3 pheasant hens laid first egg of the season!!!

They are already in the incubator :oops:
I will probably keep adding and set up my other incubator to separate when I go into lockdown/hatching…..now if the quail will just start laying before set date I’ll be over the moon!!

Any ideas of how long to leave two eggs in the incubator? I had 5, one hatched Friday, one hatched Sunday, one was rotten (it stank), and the other two are in the incubator. The hatch might be staggered (it probably is)

Thanks!

Any ideas of how long to leave two eggs in the incubator? I had 5, one hatched Friday, one hatched Sunday, one was rotten (it stank), and the other two are in the incubator. The hatch might be staggered (it probably is)

Thanks!
If the eggs are different ages... no way to know unless you can candle them and see inside pretty well.

Well I found out that when you bid in an eBay auction…you are in it after a certain point—no cancelling your bid 😆 I was putting bids on some different sets of eggs until I found the ones I wanted to settle on…I do this with my Amazon cart too. I put lots in my cart and then thin down afterwards. Well I’ve not been in eBay much, and didn’t really think about reading the fine print 😆 SO I will also be setting 9 bantam EE eggs and possibly 6 more if I’m not out bid for the buff Brahma bantams 😆 I should get most of them by Saturday. 😁

Well I found out that when you bid in an eBay auction…you are in it after a certain point—no cancelling your bid 😆 I was putting bids on some different sets of eggs until I found the ones I wanted to settle on…I do this with my Amazon cart too. I put lots in my cart and then thin down afterwards. Well I’ve not been in eBay much, and didn’t really think about reading the fine print 😆 SO I will also be setting 9 bantam EE eggs and possibly 6 more if I’m not out bid for the buff Brahma bantams 😆 I should get most of them by Saturday. 😁
That's awesome lol - That's how they get you! Sounds like fun breeds though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom