13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220417_092655.jpg

How about during the first 18 days? You said they looked ‘swollen’ which makes me think that the humidity was a bit high.
Yes it was higeer beacuse they were shipped eggs with saddle air cells so i read Here that higher humidity can help with saddle air cells. It was from 55 to 65 first 18 days.

I neeeed help what to do with late hatched weak and lethargic chicks. Its been 12hours since they hatched and they are just weak and laying...
So i was right when i candling them on day 18. Am done.
10 healthY chicks
And 5 very weak and lethargic chicks.
So 15.
I dont know Will they survive .. 10 hatched on day 21 and rest 5 hatched on day 23/4..
What can i do to Save them? I keep them separate from other 10.
give them save a chick electrolytes.

Check with your local feed store

My EHAL hatches are usually a wildcard also. I blame our temperature, humidity, and weather swings this time of year. I suspect that the constant change in barometric pressure messes with them. Just my speculation though...

You could be on to something! Feels like we've had every kind of weather possible here over the past three weeks, as is typical of our spring. :th

Yes it was higeer beacuse they were shipped eggs with saddle air cells so i read Here that higher humidity can help with saddle air cells. It was from 55 to 65 first 18 days.
Ok. I don't know much about shipped eggs, though the higher humidity may be a cause for their 'swollen' appearance. Hopefully they will be ok! I'd give them electrolyte water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom