14 Silver Wyandottes reduced to 7 in a week!

I do water and feed them. I don’t give them the medicine as I live with my grandparents. Normally my Grandma takes the medicine in for them. I’m not old enough to be doing that still. But on the bright side, I have a good amount of chicks in the house. Anyways, I couldn’t see no poop as the cage is due for a cleaning tomorrow more than likely. So, yeah. I’m not gonna post for a hour or so because I need to check up on my other chicks real fast.

We already have Corid. Also, we’ve had them for maybe 1 or 2 weeks and they are dying slowly. Every day to 3 days they died.

EDIT: We also may have to treat the Golden Wyandotte and Silke mutts, along with my 4 or 5 yr old Silver Duckwing Bantam, Penny.

We already have Corid. Also, we’ve had them for maybe 1 or 2 weeks and they are dying slowly. Every day to 3 days they died.

EDIT: We also may have to treat the Golden Wyandotte and Silke mutts, along with my 4 or 5 yr old Silver Duckwing Bantam, Penny.
Already having Corid on hand means you have dealt with coccidiosis in the past.
You will forever be having to treat all future chicks for it, most likely.
I would mix up a batch of the Corid water and put it with them now and have your gma give them direct doses tonight.

The first Coccidiosis incident was with Splay (Will you forever Rest In Peace), a 4 or 5 month old chick with Splay Leg. We treated him but he died last month while I was away at my parents house. We treated only him. So far, Penny has blood in her cage (she has crook back and a very nasty additude to any other chickens who get attention!) that’s on the chips.

I repeat...there doesn't even need to be blood in the poop for you to be dealing with coccidiosis.
I will say that once you do start seeing blood it may be too late.
The damage being done to the intestines may not be able to be mended.

It could be how the shavings look now that I realize. Also, if my little hen dies, that’s my 3rd most favorite dead! If anymore chickens die, I’m gonna ask if I can sell some for people’s own pets. I don’t wanna have no more dead chickens.

I am sorry to hear about your sick chickens. I am also determined that it is coccidious because it is spreading so rapidly among your flock. I would keep non sick birds isolated from your sick ones as far away as possible before giving them away. They can already be carrying the disease without showing any symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom