14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Wow. I’m pretty amazed. I just candled all 30 eggs and I saw “spiders” in all but 4. I think I saw something in 3 of those but was just not completely sure. One was porous so we’ll see about that one. View attachment 3442908
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

Well…I candled my first batch of eggs last night and ended up pulling out 13 of them. 9 were clear/infertile and the other 4 were early quitters with blood rings developing. Most of these were older eggs that were stored longer than a week prior to incubation.
Aww, people…Don’t be sad! I still have 28 eggs left in the incubator and already kinda knew beforehand that half the eggs I had set on 3/18 might not hatch due to fertility, storage and/or cold weather issues. It’s okay with me cause this is only just my first hatch of the season ;)

Lol, well I guess I'm also joining. My son had a friend over and he helped collect eggs, so I gave him 2 pekin eggs to take inside. That stinker snuck them in the incubator and I didn't notice for 3 days because we had one other pekin egg in from a previous hatch of chickens for friends and there was only 1 egg that was a week behind. So, we will hopefully have 2 more babies the day before Easter. Nothing happens by accident!
JPEG_20230324_223507_423997822195836642.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I want to include any/all of the 48 eggs I picked up yesterday. My grandson's birthday is on the 20th and I told him I'd try to get some chicks hatching that day. There's about a dozen that are banties, and those I'd be more likely to keep as pets...

ARGH! Decisions decisions!

I also don't have room in the incubator, lol

Why is it when i have eggs due/set the weathers suppose to be bad. Today gust of winds are suppose to be 50-60mph. And when power goes out her it stays put for hours so ill be amazed if I have any eggs left by tomorrow. Last time this happened my entire wad died so I dont have any hopes that these eggs will survive either if power does go out.

Why is it when i have eggs due/set the weathers suppose to be bad. Today gust of winds are suppose to be 50-60mph. And when power goes out her it stays put for hours so ill be amazed if I have any eggs left by tomorrow. Last time this happened my entire wad died so I dont have any hopes that these eggs will survive either if power does go out.
Same here. Last time it was out for 16hrs and was sketchy after that for over a day. So I was late setting my emu eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom