15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
I am firing up my new incubator to see if the temps hold. I am setting 8+ eggs from my meat chickens to test it out before I spend money on shipped eggs. I have a Red Ranger roo and a Silver Birchen something with feathered feet but large and not a Cochin. He was a bonus chick from Murray McMurray. The hens are a Black Cochin, a Red Ranger, a Deleware Broiler.

Um, so do eggs set 2/25-29/24 count?
My mom left eggs under my Extra Angry Broody (this one is pint sized, but will try to rip your hand off). By the time she told me, it was too late. When I was able to check them, there were a bunch more eggs in there, and they are in different development days.

Next time I notice this hen going broody, I will just take her with me. She is at my place and she is sitting OK in a small cat carrier on the eggs. I keep it covered with a towel and have her out a few times a day.

My mom is the one who was saying, "That's going to be a lot of chickens" when I was telling her I wanted to get 4 CCLs and then hatch some chicks and maybe get some others I've wanted.

Hello All! We are back again this year, hatching at 3 different Senior Living Facilities in Wisconsin. This year we will set 60 eggs on the 10th of March to hatch on Easter morning.( We do this so the visitors for our residents can partipate with thier loved ones) they are a barnyard mix EE's and others...
Awesome! Please be sure to report how many hatch. If everyone reports their hatch numbers, we can do a "guess how many hatched" contest.

Back
Top Bottom