15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
I haven’t said much since I said I was doing the hatch, so here is my official list of bantam eggs for Easter!

2 project Watermaals (black and cuckoo)
3 project cuckoo/Lav cuckoo Ameraucana
1 blue/splash Ameraucana
4 wheaten Ameraucana
3 black d’Anvers
7 black Ameraucanas
7 from my mottled split to lavender, white, and black d’Anver pen
3 modern game bantams
1 quail/blue quail watermaal egg
3 bobtails
6 bantam EEs

So far I’ve only pulled the project watermaals—they were clear 😫
Now that's an assortment!

I haven’t said much since I said I was doing the hatch, so here is my official list of bantam eggs for Easter!

2 project Watermaals (black and cuckoo)
3 project cuckoo/Lav cuckoo Ameraucana
1 blue/splash Ameraucana
4 wheaten Ameraucana
3 black d’Anvers
7 black Ameraucanas
7 from my mottled split to lavender, white, and black d’Anver pen
3 modern game bantams
1 quail/blue quail watermaal egg
3 bobtails
6 bantam EEs

So far I’ve only pulled the project watermaals—they were clear 😫
Isn't that how it goes...the ones we're really hoping for are clear or don't make it. I've been having that happen too often lately but blame it on shipping.

I will have quail dummies.
PXL_20240320_115912525.jpg
PXL_20240320_115802115.jpg

I know, right? ☺️ I have too many breeds! Clearly I have issues staying focused 😆😆
That's me with silkies. Gotta have one of every color, right? I started with just blacks and whites. I buy some fancy silky chicks and now have mauve, splash, chocolate, blue. I want buff so buy some eggs the breeder had in a pen with others. The buffs didn't make it, but now I have cuckoos. I buy more "buffs", the buffs didn't make it and I got mottled and paint. If I try buy buffs one more time, what on earth will I get next? :confused:

Last edited:
That's me with silkies. Gotta have one of every color, right? I started with just blacks and whites. I buy some fancy silky chicks and now have buff, splash, chocolate, blue. I want buff so buy some eggs the breeder had in a pen with others. The buffs didn't make it, but now I have cuckoos. I buy more "buffs", the buffs didn't make it and I got mottled and paint. If I try buy buffs one more time, what on earth will I get next? :confused:
There are still a lot of colors to add! 😆 Your buffs sound like me trying to get a lavender Orpington pullet! FOUR times I buy them…this time I will finally get my girl! Nope. Got a Lav cuckoo boy 🤪 So I have chocolate and mauve from sex linked mating haha. Gave up and got lavender in other breeds instead hehe. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom