16 Hours!!! CHICKENSTOCK - Berks Co PA 7/18 **photos**

Sarah - after careful thinking my chicks will be old enough to bring and I am going to order some pure-bred Ameraucana eggs and hatch them out. I am sooo excited!!! If my plans work out I will be a vendor from Richmond, VA!!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
Anyone got any ideas on the best way to transport fuzzy butts? It is about 250 miles traveling up I-95 but I plan on stopping in Red Lion, PA and bringing my grandson (is 18 months old too young for these things?) if all works out so it will be further.

Debi,
That is AWESOME!!!!! When we moved from NC we loaded every one in cat carriers with some shaving in the bottom. They all made it here perfectly. That was 530 miles!!! Chickens travel surprisingly well - IMO.

What time do you think this will be? I work that day... Not sure if anyone will switch with me or not...

If I can't make it though, I am definitely interested in future chickenstocks.

I hope I can come, Leesport is literally 20 minutes from my house
fl.gif

Laura,
I'm thinking 10 to 4 or so. That gives time for folks to set up and what not. I'm open to suggestions.

Anyone who wants to sell - anything - I have to have confirmation by the 12th of June to make sure tables are reserved.

Ok folks, I am waiting for confirmation on the July 18 date. Being that it's the holiday, I figure I won't get conf. til at least Tuesday.

I have checked with the State dept of ag - wanna make sure we are on the up and up. To sell poultry in PA it is not required to have a liscense UNLESS you are reselling birds you bought from someone else. That is to say as long as YOU raised the birds you are selling, you do not require a permit. If you are selling birds you raised on your property you are given "farmer" status. "Farmers" do not have to have permits to sell livestock inside the state of PA. If you are "brokering" the birds, then you will have to get a permit from the state.

That is the only thing to consider. There is no NPIP requirements for selling birds intrastate in PA. If you are shipping outside of the state, you are responsible for your interstate transportation requirements.

I am going to try and get certified to test for the bird diseases covered by the NPIP program. I will then offer my services to test any birds at the event.

Remember deadline to sign up to have a booth or to sell is JUNE 12. I must have your "100% sure I'm gonna sell and need a booth" in order to make sure we have the right amount of tables and space and to advertise who all will be vending.

I need to know what you are bringing to sell - breed or type of item. Remember, it does not have to be chicken or even animal related. I already have confirmation on a tupperware booth. I'm waiting to hear back about the 4H as well as FFA from the high school.

I of course will have some polish and orpingtons and maybe some of my mixed flock - depending on how they grow out. My husband changes his mind daily on who he wants to keep and who is going. I know for sure I have 2 partridge cochins he doesn't want.

Last edited:
Dang! You guys are tempting me to come with what you'll be selling! I was thinking it's a bit of a drive but.... Polish...Orpingtons...Cochins...EE's. Ugh!!!!
he.gif

I feel like I'll really be missing something!!

Oh poo... son wants his wedding picnic that day
wink.png

well ,I guess wedding trumps chickens.
4H Center is a very good place for this. We are 15 minutes away. ( I spent many years traveling there for 4H)
I do wonder if anyone would have Welsummers for sale- only a hen or two. Dark eggs would go great with my EEs.
Question: is there any legal problem with *farmers* selling less than 6 chicks?

Back
Top Bottom