16 Hours!!! CHICKENSTOCK - Berks Co PA 7/18 **photos**

Quote:
Whenever you can make it is wonderful. I know you mentiond transportation issues, but we will be glad to have you any ol' time.

I'm sure we all will help you stick to your 2 chick limit.... It's quite well known how wwe BYC folks help each other to control our impulses!
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

Can't wait to meet you!

Quote:
I have also these folks who have emailed me, not sure how many are BYC members, though some have said so.....

Ruth ann - looking for ducks and geese ( I posted her request the other day)
Kimberly - she's the gal who is driving from Atlantic City
Amy - is looking for silkies, bantams, and wyadotes
Ann - looking for pullets ready to lay, a pair of Pheonix and some turkeys

Also, Cathy, Cindy and Keith were looking for information about expanding their flocks.

Oh, and Rukmalie is looking for egg layers and will be bringing chicken curry

Oops, almost forgot Brett - BYC member - is looking to expand his flock too.

So, folks, looks like it's shaping up to be a small but very interested crowd of poultry lovers. I can't wait. I am going to the store shortly to buy the rest of the items we need. I have checked the weather and it's looking good. Rain today but partly cloudy and 82 tomorrow!

Last edited:
My name is Bailey, by the way. I am a bald guy, to avoid any confusion. It seems that lot lots of little girls (and labradors) are named Bailey these days. I've had my name for 32 years now!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. I originally wanted 4 birds in my flock, and ended up with 12.... If I reduce it to 10, I'm making an improvement, right?

I added more to the list. Sell/wants were copy/pasted from postings. Any corrections please post.

Anyone else coming???
Looks like it's going to be a good turn out.

Quote:
I changed it - so very sorry, my eyes must have crossed when I was going over the emails!!!!!
ep.gif

Why DO people name their labs bailey? I don't think I have ever heard that name given to another breed.

And, yes, reducing is good - that leaves room for adding!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I started with 7....I have 95 chickens, 2 ducks and 7 turkeys!!! But hey, I sold 26 this week - doesn't that give me some kind of credit??? Lessen my insanity??
hu.gif
hu.gif

Oh, anyone have some african geese they want to sell, I'm game!!! Shhhh don't tell my hubby!
hide.gif

Quote:
Thanks for throwing that together.

Oh, my sis says she's coming. Not that she's buying chickens (her DD has two here I keep for her!! Sis SO not into the chickens) but, she does sell tupperware (yes, they are still in business) and is supposed to have some cash and carry items.

Just in case anyone was needing a really big bowl with an liquid tight seal and a lifetime warranty (she threatened me, I had to say it!!!)

And don't forget Stina is bringing art work and looking for chicken saddles. Anyone here make them?? Which reminds me, if I haven't said it lately, anyone who has a hobby or business outside of chickens, you are more than welcome to peddle your wears tomorrow.

Networking - it's a great thing for small business owners!

I have
3 barred rocks, 3 australorps, 7 cochins, 2 red sex link, and 6 red something or anothers - all hatched out around May 20

10 SL polish - should be bearded - all 10 days old today
3 SL polish no beard - should all be pullets hatched out 1st week of april

Several blue and splash orpingtons - I am really thinning the flock - ages range from mid march to end of may.

I will probably sell my big blue orpington roo - if the price is right....
This photo is several months old, he's put on weight and feathers since then
21675_dscn0683.jpg

Better one of blue, just found it
21675_dscn1056.jpg

I am also debating heavily about selling my flock of Black/lav project birds. These girls have just started to lay but I would want them all to go together....
6 hens, one roo - eggs are fertile
21675_dscn1138.jpg

I am sorting through my Turkens - we are only keeping the ones with the barest necks. DH doesn't like the bow ties. I'll probably have 6 or so chicks.

Oh, And I have 2 blue slate turkey chicks - aprox 6 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom