16 x 12 Coop

Pics
That type of AC motor is not reversible, some larger AC single phase motors can be reversed and all 3 phase motors can be reversed.

JT
Right, why I asked.
This...
And after some changes to my electrical wiring I got the covers on the louver vent roost fans. The fans pull/push air from/to the outside for winter draft free ventilation and summer cooling.
.... had me a bit confused(not hard to do) :gig My misinterpretation.

That type of AC motor is not reversible, some larger AC single phase motors can be reversed and all 3 phase motors can be reversed.

JT
Hey JT,

This guy joined up the other day I pointed him in you direction. He is also a raspberry programmer.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-from-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa-usa.1358196/

Me I’ve never messed with them like I said before, now give me a PLC and I’ll make things work like magic, give me a PLC and a robot I’ll make the robot do the magic.. I’ve studied your code and understand it, just never have written it .

Hey JT,

This guy joined up the other day I pointed him in you direction. He is also a raspberry programmer.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-from-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa-usa.1358196/

Me I’ve never messed with them like I said before, now give me a PLC and I’ll make things work like magic, give me a PLC and a robot I’ll make the robot do the magic.. I’ve studied your code and understand it, just never have written it .

I program PLC's as well, AB, Automation Direct, Panasonic and now Wago. It used to amuse me when I installed a PLC and HMI and stood behind the operator and scratch my head and thinking I never would have done that... back to the PC to fix that.

JT

I program PLC's as well, AB, Automation Direct, Panasonic and now Wago. It used to amuse me when I installed a PLC and HMI and stood behind the operator and scratch my head and thinking I never would have done that... back to the PC to fix that.

JT
Operators never stop amazing me. You write up a fool proof program install it and usually with in hours, operator does something you never imagined could happen lol

I’ve programmed AB, Siemens, AD, Logitech, Honeywell (oven controllers), and was forcefeed Mitsubishi (written in Chinese literally), and a few others along the way. But that’s the main ones I deal with.

Last edited:
stood behind the operator and scratch my head and thinking I never would have done that
Operators never stop amazing me.

Ha! I'm not a wire weenie(sorry guys, couldn't resist an old cross-field poke) but designed equipment for a manufacturing plant, so can relate to the operator aspect.
My Dad, also in the mfg field, taught me to kinda act dumb and ask the operators what they thought would work or what was wrong. Can learn some good stuff doing that(from the smart ones) and get them on your side during implementation. Flashbacks, been retired for 10 years.

Ha! I'm not a wire weenie(sorry guys, couldn't resist an old cross-field poke) but designed equipment for a manufacturing plant, so can relate to the operator aspect.
My Dad, also in the mfg field, taught me to kinda act dumb and ask the operators what they thought would work or what was wrong. Can learn some good stuff doing that(from the smart ones) and get them on your side during implementation. Flashbacks, been retired for 10 years.
Ya I have my good operators I use when we install new machines and running them for the first time, it helps me help them faster, and I get good feedback, not well I think I did this and I think the machine did that deal. These 2-3 operators know to go slow and watch in full detail whats going on, helps me take the stupid out of it.

The plan at the moment is to build it on top of the poop table so there is no transition from brooder to roost other than removing the enclosure. Since they will be the only thing in there taking up some of the roost and poop table won't matter.

JT

I am trying to visualize this.

I take it your brooder will be a box or some enclosure that will go on/off the existing drop board as needed? And that it would incorporate the roost bar inside so the chicks can use it while still in the brooder? If yes I am still confused: I thought you were building a large coop but your last sentence says "only thing in there". Will you have a separate roost and setup that will accommodate chicks within a larger coop with other birds around?

Ya I have my good operators I use when we install new machines and running them for the first time, it helps me help them faster, and I get good feedback, not well I think I did this and I think the machine did that deal. These 2-3 operators know to go slow and watch in full detail whats going on, helps me take the stupid out of it.

Yea, once the operators figured out I was trying to make their job easier and more productive with less scrap they became very helpful. At one plant in West Virginia they nicknamed me Mr. Wizard lol.

JT

Back
Top Bottom